Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
    :owned:

Damn Tom, I thought you were about to have a crapton of fun in a really expensive car. Although I thought it might be fishy when you said you trading in the gmq.
    That's what made me think it was for real... 2 car payments (one a Benz!) + house payment? He's in the Air Force, not the NFL!

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
    1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

I misread that...I thought he said someone was full of shit...

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

I do want to drive one of these, too.

507 hp? Hell yeah! Amanda says this is completely unnecessary; I disagree. I WILL own one of these when I am an O-2, or even an O-1!!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
          I do want to drive one of these, too.

507 hp? Hell yeah! Amanda says this is completely unnecessary; I disagree. I WILL own one of these when I am an O-2, or even an O-1!!
          Just 507 hp? It's all about the torque, mang. Drive a CL65 before you settle for an E63. Cheaper, better looking, a true coupe (No B-Pillars!), and 738 lb-ft of beautiful, bountiful torque. The 600+ hp stock is nice, too.

Comment

I think Tom should buy one. However, I think this thread is a trial balloon to gauge reaction, lol.

However, I'm more completely sexual about the current BMW M3 (two door), to be honest.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ol62uxmQV0

Nothing like an old Mercedes. Safest car going.

I have owned this 1991 560SEC AMG since the mid '90's when I bought it near new. It was the top of the line model and I wanted the last year of it. It once belonged to the owner of the Beverly Hills Hotel, who I spole to, his wife made him get rid of it, saying it was "too flashy for Beverly Hills and I want a new BMW!" But he got to keep his Porsche 911 though.

I am keeping the Mercedes mostly as a seldom used toy now, though a year ago I drove it 40,000 miles.

A couple of times I had it up to 152 mph or so, but at that speed my foot was not to the floor yet. They are engineered to cruise at their top speed all day for the Autobahns, that have no speed limits in most places.

The older ones like this one are engineered to a "cost no object" baseline and their prices reflect it. MSRP on mine in 1991 was $84,000 - but mine still looks and drives as new. They demand care, and that is not cheap, but in return, will last forever. Examples with over 900,000 miles on them exist.
              Last edited by EHJ710; 08-03-2010, 04:35 PM.
              sigpic2009 Grand Marquis LS "Ultimate Edition" Toreador Red Metallic, 40% tint, CVPI type dual exhaust, Marauder front and rear sways, 29k (traded in, to dealer, 4/3/11)

1987 Colony Park LS. 190k, (given to friend/mechanic 2/24/12)

2011 Subaru Outback, 19k; 1991 Mercedes 560SEC AMG, 186k; 1995 Mercedes E420, 145k

Comment

Originally posted by The Auntie Christ View Post
                I think Tom should buy one. However, I think this thread is a trial balloon to gauge reaction, lol.

However, I'm more completely sexual about the current BMW M3 (two door), to be honest.
                This Merc is more powerful. The M3 is sexy though, don't get me wrong.

And Once I am making that good pay I'll get one
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Sweet Benz, EHJ!!!

My neighbor had an '81 240D 5 speed with 1700 miles on it. 1700. It was slow, but the car was so perfect it was insane. It was a burnt red color over saddle tan leather.

It burned to the ground in 2001, which was the real shame.

I prefer the CL, like TOTCG mentioned, but there are other things in line in front of one of those, if I was looking to spend $42,000+.

Like a down payment on a new ZO6.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by EHJ710 View Post
                    I have owned this 1991 560SEC AMG since the mid '90's when I bought it near new. It was the top of the line model and I wanted the last year of it. It once belonged to the owner of the Beverly Hills Hotel, who I spole to, his wife made him get rid of it, saying it was "too flashy for Beverly Hills and I want a new BMW!" But he got to keep his Porsche 911 though.
                    MOAR PICS!!! That thing is SEX!

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
                    1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

I always like the silver one in "Roadhouse"
                      2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Originally posted by moneypit View Post
                        MOAR PICS!!! That thing is SEX!

The California Highway Patrol wrote me a ticket fo4r the front plate;

Setting up for Nor Cal AMG criminal street race last summer.. (West Sacramento)

Friend's one, up from LA:

Last edited by EHJ710; 08-03-2010, 06:59 PM.
                        sigpic2009 Grand Marquis LS "Ultimate Edition" Toreador Red Metallic, 40% tint, CVPI type dual exhaust, Marauder front and rear sways, 29k (traded in, to dealer, 4/3/11)

2011 Subaru Outback, 19k; 1991 Mercedes 560SEC AMG, 186k; 1995 Mercedes E420, 145k

Comment

Originally posted by RugerP97DC View Post
                          I always like the silver one in "Roadhouse"
                          It was a "diamond blue" '89 560SEC with Lorinser wheels.

Comment

A Mercedes is too flashy for Beverly Hills, eh?

What's with the antenna thingy mounted on the front bumper?
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Wow that is sexy!
                              Lets Go Pens!

Comment

I guess, if I had too, I could drive an AMG

I was thinking of an old 240d for the better half, she'd like it (well the looks anyway, prob not the smelly clattering lol), and it's a great end of the world vehicle - old diesels run after an EMP iirc.

Pete
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                                1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                                1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Working...
                                X