PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Town Car JBL Sound System

Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

Default Lincoln Town Car JBL Sound System

I'm looking for a complete JBL sound system out of an '86 or '87 Lincoln Town Car. This set up came with a head unit almost identical to the Ford Premium sound system found in '86 and '87 Vics and Marquis. The difference would be the color of the head unit. The JBL system has a gray face instead of the black face found in the cars not equipped with JBL. Not all town cars got it, it's an option.
    The head unit looks like this but gray

It also says JBL in the bottom right corner. I'm looking for the head unit, the wiring harness, the complete harness, speakers, and the amp. If the speakers are bad I'll settle for just the other stuff.
    "Vicky" 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX ..................................."Blue" 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Vicky
    Too much stuff to list in my signature...
    Blue
    Mods So Far:
    5.0 HO Swap from 92 Cougar (Courtesy of Lincolnmania, Gadget73 and SVT98t), Electric Cooling Fan, Autodimming Mirror With Compass, Frankensteined but fully functional JBL Premium Sound System, HPP wheels, Working A/C, more mods to come soon!

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Thats the radio. These were also found in the Mark VII.

http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/Gallery/album60?page=1 has some pics of the other radios along with shots of the back so you can get an idea of what the connectors look like.
    Last edited by gadget73; 07-26-2010 at 10:27 PM.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    Drivetrain: 5.0 HO, Explorer cam, FMS 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley, SuperCoupe stall converter

Suspension: Bridgestone Protenza G019 225/60/16 on LSC turbines, 1 3/16" wagon front bar, 1" PI rear bar, cargo coils, KYB GR-2 front shocks, F150 rear air shocks, big front brakes, ES poly front suspension bushings, 00 CVPI steering box, ES poly body mounts, rear disc brakes

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks.

Learning The Ways of Box Town Cars MattsLincoln's Avatar

theres a lincoln in the junkyard 5 min away that had the jbl system. would be a bitch to get out but if you can make a ride up to pa i will help you get it out.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)-Mods: CFI To SEFI Swap COMPLETE, E7 Heads. More to come!!!! Up And Running.

"The finder of unobtainium and other magical items" zoomie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
    theres a lincoln in the junkyard 5 min away that had the jbl system. would be a bitch to get out but if you can make a ride up to pa i will help you get it out.
    actually they are easy to remove, just takes practice
    89 townie stock, repairs and upgrades on going..........

fishing the cable out from HU to amplifier is kinda crappy, but the rest is not hard at all. Its more time consuming than difficult to pull the cable though.

Drivetrain: 5.0 HO, Explorer cam, FMS 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley, SuperCoupe stall converter

Suspension: Bridgestone Protenza G019 225/60/16 on LSC turbines, 1 3/16" wagon front bar, 1" PI rear bar, cargo coils, KYB GR-2 front shocks, F150 rear air shocks, big front brakes, ES poly front suspension bushings, 00 CVPI steering box, ES poly body mounts, rear disc brakes

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks.

Matt, It looks like the radio that Gadget posted?
    Last edited by 86VickyLX; 07-29-2010 at 09:54 AM.
    "Vicky" 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX ..................................."Blue" 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Vicky
    Blue
    Mods So Far:
    5.0 HO Swap from 92 Cougar (Courtesy of Lincolnmania, Gadget73 and SVT98t), Electric Cooling Fan, Autodimming Mirror With Compass, Frankensteined but fully functional JBL Premium Sound System, HPP wheels, Working A/C, more mods to come soon!

:bump: Matt?

Vicky
    Blue
    Mods So Far:

:bump:ity :bump:
    Matt...

Vicky
    Blue
    Mods So Far:

yes and it also has the correct jbl speakers.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)-Mods: CFI To SEFI Swap COMPLETE, E7 Heads. More to come!!!! Up And Running.

hopefully its still there.... are you going to make the trip>?
    -Phil

'82 Ford LTD-S Police Car. 351w, 2bbl 2150 Carb, 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. 86 Valve Body with a Baumann Shift kit. To many little things done to list. More to come, always.

i was there yesterday the car is still there with the radio i believe it's that radio i will check again tommorow.. make the trip and i will show you where it is.
    Last edited by MattsLincoln; 09-02-2010 at 06:32 PM.

:bump: anyone else? I really want this!

Vicky
    Blue
    Mods So Far:

got the head unit so far. How's $35 sound. I got to get rid of it.

I need the whole thing assembly, the headunit is useless to me with out the rest. You got a picture of it?

Vicky
    Blue
    Mods So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    I need the whole thing assembly, the headunit is useless to me with out the rest. You got a picture of it?

yes.

why do the last two posts just make me want to lol ?

Every post by Matt and John either makes me :lol: or
    ~David~ Click the Pic for the Low Down on the Vic

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob 0-60 in 8.43 sec, 1/4 in 16.75 sec @ 84mph
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Mercedes Benz S Class W126 ,Ford Grand Marquis Club & Road Dog Trucking owner on Facebook Cable Guys FGMQ's Avatar

Wheres the 12 speakers at ?
    2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
    85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
    07 JCL 250 A Scooter
    79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

I post a lot...

Marketing at its best. 12 speakers in 6 locations. In other words they count the woofer and tweeter separately.
    2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)
    2012 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 (Black/Grey)
    1999 S10 Ext Cab V6 (Pewter/Black)
    Long Gone:
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue)

Quote Originally Posted by Lincolnmania View Post
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

rear speakers are 3 way speakers actually. I think the dash and door are just single speakers, so it should come out to 13.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast