Lincoln Town Car JBL Sound System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lincoln Town Car JBL Sound System

I'm looking for a complete JBL sound system out of an '86 or '87 Lincoln Town Car. This set up came with a head unit almost identical to the Ford Premium sound system found in '86 and '87 Vics and Marquis. The difference would be the color of the head unit. The JBL system has a gray face instead of the black face found in the cars not equipped with JBL. Not all town cars got it, it's an option.
    The head unit looks like this but gray

It also says JBL in the bottom right corner. I'm looking for the head unit, the wiring harness, the complete harness, speakers, and the amp. If the speakers are bad I'll settle for just the other stuff.

Thats the radio. These were also found in the Mark VII.

http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/Gallery/album60?page=1 has some pics of the other radios along with shots of the back so you can get an idea of what the connectors look like.
    Last edited by gadget73; 07-26-2010, 11:27 PM.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

theres a lincoln in the junkyard 5 min away that had the jbl system. would be a bitch to get out but if you can make a ride up to pa i will help you get it out.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
        theres a lincoln in the junkyard 5 min away that had the jbl system. would be a bitch to get out but if you can make a ride up to pa i will help you get it out.
        actually they are easy to remove, just takes practice
        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

fishing the cable out from HU to amplifier is kinda crappy, but the rest is not hard at all. Its more time consuming than difficult to pull the cable though.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Matt, It looks like the radio that Gadget posted?
            Last edited by 86VickyLX; 07-29-2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

:bump: Matt?

Comment

:bump:ity :bump:
                Matt...

Comment

yes and it also has the correct jbl speakers.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                  1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

hopefully its still there.... are you going to make the trip>?
                    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

i was there yesterday the car is still there with the radio i believe it's that radio i will check again tommorow.. make the trip and i will show you where it is.
                      Last edited by MattsLincoln; 09-02-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

:bump: anyone else? I really want this!

Comment

got the head unit so far. How's $35 sound. I got to get rid of it.

Comment

I need the whole thing assembly, the headunit is useless to me with out the rest. You got a picture of it?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                              I need the whole thing assembly, the headunit is useless to me with out the rest. You got a picture of it?

yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X