Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What colour to paint the brake calipers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What colour to paint the brake calipers?

Hi Guys

After shining up the Marauder I noticed how pitiful the brake calipers (rear shown) looked through the wheels so was wondering what colour if any you all think I should paint them?

Regards

Dereck
    Black
    0%
    Silver
    0%
    Gold
    0%
    Red
    0%
    Green
    0%
    Au naturel
    0%

The poll is expired.

President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

black

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Hi Dereck

Red is good, it just seems to "work". I need to do the ones on my GMGT now.

Regards

GMGT
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I voted black. Silver would have been my second choice.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I like red, IMO it would look killer offsetting the black paint
          Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
          New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Red is my vote!
            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
            1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

black... a Marauder is supposed to be black.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Black or red.... red leans toward ricer types though.. I think either would look good, I would just prefer black.
                "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                  I like red, IMO it would look killer offsetting the black paint
                  thats what i thaught too
                  89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

deep purple
                    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Hi Dereck,

As I said before, since I don't see polished or chromed I'd say BLACK!

Regards,

78Marquis
                      04Ultimate
                      & a bunch of names all my ex wives call me that I can't repeat here!

P.S. white sidewalls would look good too...
                      Last edited by 78Marquis; 07-31-2010, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I voted for Gold. Silver would be my 2nd choice.
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Cast Blast, the only way to go, you have a no nonsense car it should have no nonsense painted brakes. Cast Blast gives them that brand new look without the brand new price.

Comment

+1, no point in having another nice car looking ghey.
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Hi Guys

I am running this same poll on three different forums and here are the results so far;

Number of views = 629
                              Number of votes = 96 (Why the **** can't people vote if they have gone to the effort to view a poll?)

Black = 36 votes
                              Silver = 10 votes
                              Gold = 3 votes
                              Red = 38 votes
                              Green = 3 votes
                              Au naturel = 6 votes

Marauder guys have cast the most votes and are voting red while Lincoln and Grand Marquis guys are voting for black.

I have had suggestions of blue and purple but I can't remember actually seeing them as a choice on the poll

Regards

Dereck
                              President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Working...
                              X