Cat Delete??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    Extra noise? Please. If you're that stuck on extra noise, remove the mufflers, not the cats.
    That might have worked for you but mine was still pretty quiet. In fact even now on idle when it's warm it's still quiet till I jump on it. I've been wanting to try Flowmaster but i don't know.
    Lets Go Pens!

Comment

How did removing the second set of cats kill your mileage ?

$1 says it's cuz you were getting on it more to hear the new sound

I know a dude :wink: who's running without any cats. Mileage is not that much different for him.

CEL does come on and that's from the first set closest to the manifold not reducing hydrocarbons and the first set of o2 sensors going bananas trying to save mother earth from impending doom.

Comment

Originally posted by BGoins12 View Post
        Ah, Columbus.... that's why. Echeck is only in NE Ohio.
        Yeah, all ozone related. In Columbus, they only worry about methane

Up until your vehicle is 25 years old it has to meet the pollution requirements in effect when the car was built. I'd be surprised if there was anywhere in the country where there's no law on the books about the smog equipment though, but I'm just guessing.

Pete
        Originally posted by gadget73
        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

They make Malfunction Indicator Light eliminators to take care of the pesky check engine light.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yup. Tom is right. In NYS, 96+ have to have emissions test done. Good thing i keep that 93 around. Plus we have to have OEM equiped converters. Or atleast the case/shell of the converter. It doesn't nessecarily mean that the converter is in there. It just looks it.
            I only have the rear 2 cats in.
            When i redid the exhaust system in October 09, I bought brand new cats. The new upgraded stock design (from the parts store) features only REAR cats. No pre-cats were present. It makes maintainence much more easier around the exhaust manifolds.
            You could always go that route. It's a little pricey.
            (I also unplugged my O2 sensors and some other stuff)

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X