2011 Mustang GT Premium "The Dirty Whore"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter View Post
    I just can't get past how good your Mustang looks in Kona Blue!

I'm rethinking my idea of purchasing a 2010 MGM and I'm looking into getting a Mustang GT.

It's all your fault!

A few points- auto is faster and smoother to drive. Manual is 10x more fun.
    Don't get the Brembo package.
    Keep it simple- I have a loaded premium but probably should have bought the cloth interior in all honesty.
    Even running it hard regularly I'm getting 19+ mpg in the city.
    Don't get the dealer option window louvers- they look like an afterthought thrown in. Aftermarket offers flush mount pieces that replace the windows.
    Go for the 3.73s. Seriously. It makes regular driving so much fun and with such a high RPM it doesn't have to shift as soon as you'd think. If you get the auto 3.73s aren't an option but the auto gearing still makes it a blast.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat View Post
      A few points- auto is faster and smoother to drive. Manual is 10x more fun.
      Don't get the Brembo package.
      Keep it simple- I have a loaded premium but probably should have bought the cloth interior in all honesty.
      Even running it hard regularly I'm getting 19+ mpg in the city.
      Don't get the dealer option window louvers- they look like an afterthought thrown in. Aftermarket offers flush mount pieces that replace the windows.
      Go for the 3.73s. Seriously. It makes regular driving so much fun and with such a high RPM it doesn't have to shift as soon as you'd think. If you get the auto 3.73s aren't an option but the auto gearing still makes it a blast.
      Thanks for giving me your opinions on the GT.

Why do you suggest not opting for the brembo package? Are they brembos all around?

2003 Mercury Marauder 300A - Black on Black, Original Owner 70xxx miles. 1 of 470 Canadian Marauder built!
      Mods: Martyo Fender badges, JLT CAI, SS Inserts
      Click on the Marauder for more pictures and stats!

Comment

Not Brembos all around, wheels are ugly in person, and replacement parts will be pricey down the line.

If you'll be tracking the car hard enough to need Brembos you're going to want a better package for the price anyway.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Ordered new lower control arms and relocation brackets this morning. Hopefully that will eliminate the wheel hop I'm getting as a result of my LCA angles.

Comment

I still think it'd be awesome to have a low option car, but I can underssand why you went the route you did. Creature comforts are nice!
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Yeah. In all honesty, I'd still have been happy with a low option car (and $6k in my pocket) but the Sync is a killer option for a DD. It's such a nice feature to be able to press a button, tell the car who I want to call, and talk to them without even touching my phone. The leather will make it more valuable if/when it comes time to sell.

I hit the track last night, by the way. I'd never been before, so it was all a big learning experience. Started off running 14.2-14.4, but got it down to 13.89 @ 103.89 by the end of the night. I need to work on basically every aspect of my launch and the LCA angles are allowing a lot of wheel hop after shifting to second and third gears. Hopefully the new arms and relocation brackets will correct that and I'll be able to get these times closer to what guys are getting on the stock suspension.

Everyone is telling me to get drag radials, but I really want to wait until I'm a better driver before I do that. I don't want to be one of those guys who throws money at something to compensate for lack of skill. I know people are going 12.7x left and right bone stock, so that's my goal- to get it into the 12s before I add tires or performance upgrades.

Comment

Nice Mustang. Thats one of the first 2011 Stangs that I have seen and really looked at....damn that thing looks tough. NICE! Needs to be bigger pics...
                -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Sounds like you're off to a good start. The LCAs are a good idea.

I think I told you about the guy I saw run his Kona Blue GT (with brembos) at my local track. He said he had run a best of 13.01, but when I watched him, he was in the 14s and 15s. He was having a hard time hooking it up.

Granted, he was running on a day where most guys were running open headers and stuff. When you're staging a car that you can't hear over your opponent's exhaust, it can be tricky. Yeah, you have a tach and everything, but its hard to get a feel, in my opinion.

My first thought after watching this guy, is that he should pick up a set of drag radials. But. if you play around with your launch, you should get it figured out.

The guy I watched was haviong trouble shifting it a few times, as well. How are the shifters in the new cars? I drove an '05, and the shifter was awful. If thats the case with the new cars, I think a Hurst unit, and a set of DRs would be my personal first mods.

But I'd also try to get as much as possible out of it totally stock.

What was the DA when you ran? Bad air can be a major factor in your times as well.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by 87DeuceVic View Post
                    Nice Mustang. Thats one of the first 2011 Stangs that I have seen and really looked at....damn that thing looks tough. NICE! Needs to be bigger pics...
                    Thanks! She's supposed to send me the originals soon.

Comment

DA was ~2300, which was hurting everyone, but I still should have done better.

The shifter is incredible. I'm getting a slight grind going into second here and there but I think I broke the skip shift. Haha! The stock shifter is stupid short- significantly less throw than a '03 (I think) Mach 1 with a Pro-5.0 shifter. Steeda has a Tri-Ax coming out soon; I plan to have one fo sho. As far as my shifting... I don't want to brag but I was shifting so smoothly a couple guys at the track thought I had an auto. That wasn't every time, but there was literally only once that I had the slightest issue and that was a crap run anyway.

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                      Sounds like you're off to a good start. The LCAs are a good idea.

I think I told you about the guy I saw run his Kona Blue GT (with brembos) at my local track. He said he had run a best of 13.01, but when I watched him, he was in the 14s and 15s. He was having a hard time hooking it up.

Granted, he was running on a day where most guys were running open headers and stuff. When you're staging a car that you can't hear over your opponent's exhaust, it can be tricky. Yeah, you have a tach and everything, but its hard to get a feel, in my opinion.

My first thought after watching this guy, is that he should pick up a set of drag radials. But. if you play around with your launch, you should get it figured out.

The guy I watched was haviong trouble shifting it a few times, as well. How are the shifters in the new cars? I drove an '05, and the shifter was awful. If thats the case with the new cars, I think a Hurst unit, and a set of DRs would be my personal first mods.

But I'd also try to get as much as possible out of it totally stock.

What was the DA when you ran? Bad air can be a major factor in your times as well.

Comment

great looking car woody really great to have sync

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=12402

Comment

Definitely not going to happen. These things are nudging against 450rwhp N/A, which is way more than I'll need for every day.

In fact, I'm leaning toward rarely drag racing the Mustang and prepping the station wagon for racing instead. It's not about being the fastest; rather, just having fun.

Comment

NEED

along with a 5.0 motor

and tudor CV to go with it
                              Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                              New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X