No announcement yet.

Grinding starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I really think you should reconsider. I think a better store will have a better part for less money but if you want a crappy overpriced part by all means go for it.

Comment

I understand but where I live in Chicago there is no mom and pops parts store. I would much rather shop local and support the small businesses around here. There was one a block away from where I live but the closed down about 7 years ago.

Only cause I work there I'm not going to buy everything from there I know it's overpriced and so that duralast stuff is crap.
      Big corporations have stolen the business of small merchants around here, but I'll will gladly look around. Or maybe I'll check at oreilly where they do have name brand parts and my uncle is a ASM there and he gets 30% off.

Thanks I will keep that starter in mind

Comment

I would also agree for you to check the flexplate teeth as well. It wouldn't be good to put a new starter in to find that it's gonna eat away at the flex plate more (from worn/missing teeth).

Comment

I don't know how far you are from the NW side, but there's a store called "Larry's Auto Parts" on grand ave, in River Grove, best place ever. Cheap, run by a couple in their late 70's, been there since the sixties.

George
          1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

sounds great!!

by the way im quitting autozone the manager offered me a position at oreily with better pay so im in!!

Comment

So you went from selling cheap parts to selling the wrong parts.

Comment

lol im mot sure about oreily but i know my parts when i sell them

Comment

I always lay blame on the computer system, Parts counter people tend to go by that and if it says Kanooter valve 123 is for my vic when it really takes 345...

Comment

Oreilly doesn't even have "Grand Marquis" listed. You have to remember to tell the desk grunt (if they don't know... and they usually don't) "Full Size". BAH!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

the layout at autozone computer the system is called z-net its alright but some of the people we get dont know shit about their car. and i really hate doing that check engine light people come every weekend just to see if anything else comes up

Comment

Working...
                      X