The 89 CV LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
    damn...wish i had a shop like that. i could be busy working on my lincoln.
    But it's so cold....

No really, all the work I really want to do to them involves detailing them, and it's much to cold for that.

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
    ...can I have the old ones?
    Sure, you can buy them:p
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Just finished swapping the radio out of the Wagon into this. The Wagon will be getting a new one, and this one works perfect with the setup in this car. Plus it looks better. And at 11:30 EST it is officially the last mod for any of my panthers in 2010.

2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

That definitely fits in the dash nicely.

What did you ever end up doing with the fans that you took off this car?

I took the electric fans off of my car (they weren't working, and I wasn't in the mood to troubleshoot), and had to severely modify a stock shroud to get the mechanical fan in there and working. The radiator in my car is huge, which is what really caused the issue...

The mechanical fan is just temporary for me, though, because the fan is too far into the shroud, which sort of trashes the efficiency of the fan.

Anyways, I am looking for some electric fans. I have the ones that came off the car, which I may use... But I'd really like them to have a shroud. Did yours have a shroud on them?
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

let me know if you want a set of OE '91 clears i have, theyre a 7 or 8 out of 10 appearance wise, if you step back a little, you cant see any of the flaws.

i paid $16 for them and attempeted a rebfurb, as the lenses were lose on the housings. PM me if youd like pictures.
          1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
          1994 MGM GS Montigua
          2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
          2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post

What did you ever end up doing with the fans that you took off this car?

I took the electric fans off of my car (they weren't working, and I wasn't in the mood to troubleshoot), and had to severely modify a stock shroud to get the mechanical fan in there and working. The radiator in my car is huge, which is what really caused the issue...

The mechanical fan is just temporary for me, though, because the fan is too far into the shroud, which sort of trashes the efficiency of the fan.

Anyways, I am looking for some electric fans. I have the ones that came off the car, which I may use... But I'd really like them to have a shroud. Did yours have a shroud on them?
            I saved them. I had planned to put them in the wagon when I do a 3g swap, but for now they've just been laying around.

There's nothing wrong with the fans themselves, just that the controller failed. I actually tested the controller that day, and it was working fine after, but all it had to do was fail once for me to not trust it.

And since I had all the parts just laying around, putting a mechanical fan on was super easy. I noticed no change in performance between the two.

If you'd like them, let me know, I have all the brackets that came with it too.

Comment

cheetah FTW! i need to get out my sled lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Cheetara?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

hawt^
                  1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                  1994 MGM GS Montigua
                  2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                  2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

the sexiest character!

Comment

And it's back! Brought it out of hibernation a few days ago, and it's now back to being my DD. Before bringing it back out, I greased all the hinges, lubed all the window channels, changed the oil, topped off all the fluids, fixed a few leaks, washed and waxed the door sills and jambs, washed and waxed the exterior, shampooed and vacuumed the interior, cleaned and put some leather protection on the seats, cleaned the dash and door panels, and a bunch of other small stuff. Also painted the inside of the HPP's, added a Tripminder (with 89 specific harness), blacked out the grill, and bought some 91 clears (they haven't arrived yet).

Comment

Looking. Good Zach mang did you put. New dash speakers. In while you did did the trip minder?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

i got to say, you got some sexy boxes lol. how do you lube the window channels? sounds like a good way to presserve the rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                            Looking. Good Zach mang did you put. New dash speakers. In while you did did the trip minder?
                            Nah I decided to just leave the old ones in.

For the window channels, I just use some silicone spray. We do it to every new car at work, including all the weather stripping ect.....

More pics:

Of course all good things must come to an end. As I was taking some pics I noticed a piece of hair on my dash. I went to brush it off and OMFG DAMN IT WTF this is a fucking crack. FUCK. I think the recent weather is what caused it. It was 60* and 30* yesterday. It doesn't really surprise me as it was just starting to crack around the speakers and bubble near the defroster ducts, but it pisses me off. I think I'm going to cover the whole pad with some cloth.

Comment

Exterior looks really nice with painted hpp's and your body color. Your signature is really really nice.

You must have a pretty light foot...all I can do is romp on the 'go' pedal resulting in a 8.3 average smile per gallon.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

agreed....those HPPs are nice in that color scheme. Did any cars come with the HPPs blacked out like that or did you do it yourself? Either way, it's pretty bad.
                                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Working...
                                X