Winter tire options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter tire options

Going to pick up a set of 06 17" steelies for the 03 Sport here shortly with the intent to mount a set of snow tires on them. Stock size is 235/55/17.

Since we all know a narrower tire works better in snow/slush, would I be able to safely fit a 215/60/17 on the 17" steelie, or is there a better option?

I am thinking of going with Bridgestone Blizzaks or X-Ice XI2 from Michelin, but due to price contraints (read: budget) I am leaning towards an unstudded Blizzak set.

Any usefull input is welcome. Help me keep my Sport rims safe and warm in the garage this year! No mo snow!

Jay
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

I really liked the Firestone Winterforce tires that I had. I may grab a set for my Merc. I had a set on a Buick and they made a huge difference and were relatively cheap.
    They are studdable too if that is what you want. Studded tires are illegal up here.
    Grant
    2000 Grand Marquis 145,000 mi.
    No mods

Comment

X2 on WinterForce.

Hard to find,worth the effort. Trak-lok helps too.

Comment

Working...
      X