No announcement yet.

1980 Two Door Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'81 was when they started the ugly stanchion mirrors. Which means they only did the sensible ones for '79 and '80.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

now well you have the time to work on the car considering your always busy lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
        now well you have the time to work on the car considering your always busy lol

Yea mang, I'm in a much better position now than I was at this time last year, working my ass off non-stop, saving to buy a house etc... I have much more free time and money to spend now. I've decided that I am gonna work on her at the same time as my Mark. When I get tired of working on the Mark, I'll just switch to working on the LTD, and vise-versa. If at anytime I decide to shelf the project for awhile, then I have a garage that I will store her in until I'm ready to work on her again. Not likely though, I'm already starting to fall for the car, hopefully I will get to drive it again soon. Damn VV...

Comment

UPDATE:

After Fiddling with the VV's Choke dial, she now fires up easy on the first try every time, and runs like a champ. Who knows if it will last... VV's

I've already started working on her, and I'll start a thread soon to document the progress.

Comment

Lol. I knew it had to be that choke dial. Glad you got it right. I know when I first bought the car it ran so damn smooth and couldn't here it running. It worked so good! It would idle up on first crank to warm up and then give it gas and it idle back down. It really did work great. It was just kinda like a all of sudden thing when it started not functioning right.

And you don't have to make a new thread! I like seeing the subject line in my name! Lmao.

Yeah just keep us updated on the car mang! You've got a excellent project! Considering its probably sat outside since 1980. Its in really good shape.

Comment

I will indeed keep you all updated.

Yea, really nice and rust-free project for the most part, just a few spots here and there, mainly on the DS door. I can tell she has spent most of her life outside though, as she is very weather beaten. The Front/Rear Bumper and DS Side View Mirror, will need to be re-chromed, and all the trim re-anodized, to be up to my standards. Should be able to find an NOS Grille and Lenses on the bay.

I spent the day yesterday cleaning her up, and cleaned probably 10yrs worth of tree debris out of the Cowl and Door/Trunk Jambs, must have spent alot of time sitting under trees as well. Still tree debris packed into every nook, cranny, and crevasse on the body possible though, mainly inside the front fenders and under the trim. I will have to take everything apart to clean it all out, which will happen in time anyway. Still the only box I've ever seen that didn't have rust on the PS of the cowl under the windshield, next to the A-Pillar. She's a great riding and solid car, and I'm really looking forward to getting to dig into this project.

Comment

Working...
              X