1980 Two Door Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 Two Door Vic

Hey guys. While it finally happened today. I was going to get a junker and on the way back I seen a two door Vic sitting in this guys back yard. I immediately stopped and asked about it. The owner of wasnt there but his wife was and she gave me the house number to call back later. So I went back to the house unloaded the car and called the number. He answered the phone and said Sure I'll sell it to ya for $500. I was like okay. So I drove 2hrs back up there to look at it, and I bought it. I think it's worth $500. It's been sitting for a year an half. But it's a slick top with manual windows and a straight seat. He bought this car brand new and was the orginal owner of it. The body's in great shape besides the trunk lid. It is like a light green with green interior. Almost reminds me of that mint green color.

But anyways I bought gas and stuck a battery in it and got it to fire up. The 302 motor runs so damn smooth. It even idled great. I was impressed. The milage shows 16K. I belive it to be 116K miles. He has the dash pad off of it but it cause he was going to fix the shifter indicator. But I do have it to put back on.

I will take some pics of it tomorrow. I'm pretty happy that I found this. I've been looking for one for a while. And when I least expect it there it sits. Amazing.

It looks like I'm starting to collect these things. This is my fourth one that I currently have. 89p72, 91p72, 89 civillan, 80 two door. Only thing I need now is a wagon. LOL

Conrats Mang! I can't wait to see pics!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks man. It's a bit dirty from sitting for a year ya know. But I will take a pic and some pictures when she looks better.

Comment

Awesome!!!
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

great find. reminds me of when i got my 2 door Grand Marquis.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
          -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Cool Brandon.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah thanks so much guys. I got the pictures. I took some before I washed it and after I washed it. I'm so happy I got this guys. I was begining to think I'd never find a two door slick top carburatored. But anyways here's the pics mangs. Let me know what ya guys think. I think I got a decent deal at 5 but wanna know your thoughts too.

After I washed it.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/865/94cadillacseville040.jpg[/img]

That is all. Let me kow what ya guys think!

This picture is the 80 two door, 89 two toned brown, and the 89p72. Not pictured is the 91p72.

Comment

I say good deal. she looks like with a little tlc she'l be a nice car.

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

if you want brandon to upgrade to the ford electronic Digital radio with Dolby Noise Reduction and cassette player i will sell you a good working unit. Plugs should be the same so it should be just plug and play.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                  -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                  1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

SWEET!

Nice looking ride, dude! I'll drive over this week and give you your money back for it!

What's it look like underneath?

-Jon
                    1988 Crown Victoria LX -124,000 miles and slowly reviving!
                    "We are monkeys with money and guns." - Tom Waits

Comment

Nice!
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Jon View Post
                        SWEET!

Nice looking ride, dude! I'll drive over this week and give you your money back for it!

What's it look like underneath?

-Jon
                        It looks real good underneath. floor pans and everything looks real good. The frame looks nice. It's a good solid car besides the trunk lid. And I do have all four hubcaps that came with it.

I was thinking that the 80 model had the c4 tranny, but it has Over drive so I i guess it's the same as all aod in the boxes.

Oh and I just realized that one pcture didnt show up. It's the engine picture.
                        Last edited by Brandon; 09-07-2010, 09:54 PM.

Comment

My old 80 ltd 2 door had a FMX, but my '80 lincoln has an AOD.... Wait hard to tell but that speedo head looks like its out of a newer 80s vic...might have been replaced
                          Last edited by Grand_Marquis_LSS; 09-07-2010, 09:58 PM.

Comment

really? The shift points say P R N OD 3 1

How would I go about telling the difference? Which is better of the two? AOD?

Comment

differnt looking tranny pan and I know that the FMX tranny is cast iron and im pretty shure they un-bolt from the bell housing.,.. AOD would get better gas mileage.

Comment

Working...
                              X