No announcement yet.

1980 Two Door Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is one nice project man! i love it! and its family truckster green!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Nice!!!

Man, talk about low option, Id like to know how much that cost new, probably super cheap lol.

And it came with window visors, thats a plus

I'd say you made a great deal!!!

Oh ya, welcome to the "2-door slick-top club"
      Last edited by Bowman85merc; 09-07-2010, 10:41 PM.
      ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
      ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Awesome, Shes super clean... Won't take much to get it lookin good

Comment

I like!!
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Love the green!
            1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
            2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
            sigpic

Comment

This is just wonderful. It makes me all giddy inside to know there's more green 2-door slick tops surviving out there. Quick! Clean the leaves and debris out of the hood and trunk areas and make sure the drain in the filler door cavity isn't plugged up! Lousey rotten tree scraps... Nice find, hope it treats you well.

Comment

very nice!
                hope you can find a decent trunk lid......took me a while to find a good one for project 79

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Nice Find!

That's gonna take some work to get it lookin good though. I'm not that far away from you, if you ever want bodywork and an immaculate paintjob done on that thing.

I know a junk yard not too far from me here, where a good 79-87 Trunk Lid is right now, or at least was when I went there plundering 3 weeks ago. Should still be there, if not, they get boxes in all the time.

Comment

Thanks so much for the complements guys. I think I like the green too. I guess it's sort of a rare color? When I repaint it I'm thinking about going back to the orginal color.

I just put valve cover gaskets on it today. The inside of the heads look real clean too. I took her up the road. She drove fine. Didnt get up past 50mph and maybe a mile drive or more. I was just curious on how shed run out. It ran great and tranny shifted silky smooth.

And Brandon tell me where that trunk lid is at. I'd love to get it. My hood has some little rust holes no bigger the a neddle but I have a hood that came off an 87 I think. It looks the same thing except it has the chrome molding on the back of it.

Anyways I think I know where my gt40 heads is gonna go! The bottom end seems to be in real good shape

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

And Brandon tell me where that trunk lid is at. I'd love to get it.

Hey Bud, I saw that Trunk Lid at Carolina Auto Salvage U-Pull-It in Rock Hill, SC. Click HERE for their website and their address. I wouldn't bother calling, they have so much stuff, they don't even know what all they have. I've called before and had them tell me that they didn't have any boxes at all, and then I go anyway only to find around 10 boxes sitting there.

The good thing about this place is that they organize their cars by make, and have a huge dedicated Ford section in the backlot of their yard. I've found shitloads of hidden treasure there, and have made a fortune on ebay off alot of the old classic Ford/GM/Chrysler parts that I've found there, and then sold to restorers. Everything is damn cheap as well. They only want $20 for Trunk Lids regardless of condition, $20 for Hoods, $25 for doors, $25 for Fenders, and $30 for Bumpers. You could go there get all the panels needed to re-body an entire car for around $250. I know that only because I've did it before, several times.

Tis only about 35 miles away from me, (I live right on the SC state line), I'd guesstimate that it would be around 70-80mi for you coming from Denton.

Your Trunk Lid should still be there waiting for you. Good Luck Mang!
                      Last edited by LTDMan83; 09-09-2010, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks Brandon. I will definately check them out. I'm going to try my damn bestest to get up there tomorrow or Saturday. Hopefully my pay is good.

Anyways I cranked up the mean green machine and noticed that fuel was spraying out of the fuel pump. The mechanical pump has a little hole from factory and it spraying out fuel there. kinda weird. I could see it if it was the line. It was spraying against my oil filter. I called Advance and one is going to come in tomorrow. I've already taken it off.

Also I noticed my alternator light has been on. The alternator has been replaced but I guess it went bad again? I let it run and unhooked the battery cable and it immediately tried to stall out. So my guess is the cheap Advance alternator went out. Kinda werid too.

And I forgot to mention that the guy I bought it from said he replaced the heater core in it. Said it was a PITA and took him all day. I just hope he didnt fuck something up as when I turn the lights on my left turn signal comes on too. It stays on with the lights. kinda strange too.

Comment

fuel comming from the hole in the side of the body of the fuel pump means the diaphram is screwed. this has happened to me on my lincoln and my old mans lincoln. the pump is pretty cheap as well. dont be suprised if the diaphram for the accelerator pump on the carb starts to leak too.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I love the color!
                            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                              And I forgot to mention that the guy I bought it from said he replaced the heater core in it. Said it was a PITA and took him all day. I just hope he didnt fuck something up as when I turn the lights on my left turn signal comes on too. It stays on with the lights. kinda strange too.
                              I might be way off here, but I had a similar problem with my montego, try replacing the flasher and the light fuse/bulbs, that made it go away for me.

Just an Idea,

George
                              1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Hey guys. just another update for ya.

I had took those 14inch tires off and replaced them with my 89 p72 ones with the hubcaps. My 89 p72 has turbines on it with brand new tires. The 91 p72 had my old 89 wheels and hubcaps on it, since I bought it with no wheels. Anyways a bit confusing but I think looks alright. Deffinately better than the white wall 14's.

My carburator seems to be going bad. It'll fire right up when cold but letting it warm up it runs like shit and burnig rich. So i'm guessing the choke is going bad. I plan on chunking that intake and carb for a holly anyways, but kinda annoying when I cant move it around very long.

Comment

Working...
                                X