No announcement yet.

1980 Two Door Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was starting to wonder on the progress on this car. glad to hear things are still rollin. if your choke is screwing up, just tie it off to stay open for the time being.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Yeah. Thanks man. I also put the dash pad back on and all. didnt care to fix the stupid shifter indicator since I will be going with a floor shift anyways. LOL. But I'll try to get some pics of it tomarrow. My 91 looks plum funny with those small 14's. LOL. I was going to put something under the tires to get it off the ground but couldnt find anything. I still got my windsor for it to build as well if I can quit buyings projects. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        Thanks Brandon. I will definately check them out. I'm going to try my damn bestest to get up there tomorrow or Saturday. Hopefully my pay is good.

Anyways I cranked up the mean green machine and noticed that fuel was spraying out of the fuel pump. The mechanical pump has a little hole from factory and it spraying out fuel there. kinda weird. I could see it if it was the line. It was spraying against my oil filter. I called Advance and one is going to come in tomorrow. I've already taken it off.

Also I noticed my alternator light has been on. The alternator has been replaced but I guess it went bad again? I let it run and unhooked the battery cable and it immediately tried to stall out. So my guess is the cheap Advance alternator went out. Kinda werid too.

And I forgot to mention that the guy I bought it from said he replaced the heater core in it. Said it was a PITA and took him all day. I just hope he didnt fuck something up as when I turn the lights on my left turn signal comes on too. It stays on with the lights. kinda strange too.
        If you put a single filament bulb in the front marker, it will bridge the contacts and make that happen. Make sure you do a 3g upgrade!
        Originally posted by gadget73
        There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
        91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
        93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
        Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
        Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
        95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

That's a nice car!...Me likey!
          Former panther owner
          1981 CV 351 4bbl
          1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

awesome find! Im sure you can get those issues straitened out!
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Did you ever go get that Trunk Lid, mang? The one that I seen there was pretty nice and rust-free. If not lemme know, and I can pick one up for you the next time I go there, and you can just drive down to my shop and get it.

Comment

Hmm, must've missed this when it was first posted. I was going to post and say early '80s tudors suck, but your $500 car looks nicer than my $500 car, so I changed my mind.

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_LSS View Post
                My old 80 ltd 2 door had a FMX, but my '80 lincoln has an AOD.... Wait hard to tell but that speedo head looks like its out of a newer 80s vic...might have been replaced
                Really! I didn't know any Panthers actually got a FMX, just the possibility of a C4 for '79 and possibly '80.

Originally posted by Georges86 View Post
                I might be way off here, but I had a similar problem with my montego, try replacing the flasher and the light fuse/bulbs, that made it go away for me.

Just an Idea,

George

Reminds me, I need to try the same thing. My funky taillight was fixed by replacing the screwy bulb that wasn't making contact correctly, so hopefully my weird front signal lamp is the same deal. (I also have the left indicator and only the left indicator come on with the headlights, and the left front turn signal is the marker filament and not the brighter blinker one).

EDIT: Bad ground. Ground to the socket is good, ground in the socket is bad. Figures.
                Last edited by 1987cp; 10-06-2010, 03:55 PM.
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Update: replaced socket with good spare, problem fixed. No more indicator lit with marker lights on. Hopefully your problem is this easy!

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                    Did you ever go get that Trunk Lid, mang? The one that I seen there was pretty nice and rust-free. If not lemme know, and I can pick one up for you the next time I go there, and you can just drive down to my shop and get it.
                    Hey man. No belive it or not I havent had the time to get down there and get that thing. I want to just havent had the time. But yeah if you happen to go down there I would be much appreciated for you to get that for me. I'd pay ya for ya time and all.

Here are some pics I have taken of the car with the wheels. I think it looks alright with the hubcaps. Kinda goes with the car. But of course later on it will definately get some aluminum wheels. These pics are taken at my work yard. Where I part and junk these cars out. The Cadillac you see there in the first pic is where I had just pulled the North Star all aluminum engine block out. Of course it had blown head gaskets.

The 91 with the 14's on it

The 89 with Turbines that I havent updated with the wheels New tires at that

Comment

Hey man. No belive it or not I havent had the time to get down there and get that thing. I want to just havent had the time. But yeah if you happen to go down there I would be much appreciated for you to get that for me. I'd pay ya for ya time and all.
                      No prob mang. I'll PM you a few days before I go, to make sure that you still need the lid.

I'm liking the tudor mang. If you ever need a hand working on something lemme know! I do mech work as well.

Comment

yikes! you need to clean the carpet! LOL. Your tudor looks great.
                        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                        1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

methinks that car would look killer if it had a set of Coys C-5 polished Aluminum wheels (aka my wheels only polished)

Awesome find mang!

EDIT: Also, I officially want your bumpers lol
                          Last edited by hemihotrod402; 10-07-2010, 05:09 PM.
                          Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                          New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Yes, '80 front bumpers are full of win.

Comment

Any more up-dates for us?
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

really? The shift points say P R N OD 3 1

How would I go about telling the difference? Which is better of the two? AOD?
                                My 1981 CV had P R N OD 3 1 on the cluster also, and I know it had an AOD.
                                Had the "automatic overdrive" badge on the trunk lid as well.
                                Former panther owner
                                1981 CV 351 4bbl
                                1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Working...
                                X