V-10 in a Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V-10 in a Wagon

Well where do I start?....I'm new to this type of computer use,not very sure I can get any facts about swapping a v10 into the 89 colony park...from what I've gathered its been done with a few areos,but cant find anything on the "box" models...Hope someone can help as I've picked up a ZERO miles v10 and 4r100,all harness/pcm for an rv,no rev limiter type,Y pipe,rad.ect...Wingfoot

The WingFootWagon....'89 stock lopo 5.0 with no cats/duels w/Flowmasters/ Marauder tailpipe tips/'03 Marauder wheels and tires...and a smoked AOD.....will get a Heart/Lung transplant with TRITON V10 power!...Hope to make the first v10 to box conversion in the world!......

Comment

we need pics! lol ...and welcome!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Pirate has talked on and off about putting a Ford V10 in a Panther or Thunderbird. Other than that, I've personally only heard about it in magazines, and then only in Mustangs (not that that's that different).

Personally, my logic as of late is that if a guy I know of from another forum can get 2hp/ci out of a 347ci Windsor, NA, I have no need for a fancier type of motor. :p
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

just fyi: hood will not clear the v10 intake... other than that... cut the hole in the hood and haul ass!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

There's already that v10 whale out there. But that's been done for years.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

hope this works!
              Attached Files

Comment

YEE HAA,it worked!...Will try to post more pics as the swap progress is slow at this time.Still looking for any info on mod motor swaps...I'm a proto type metal model maker so I have no fear of SPARKS and BURNS!....I'm also thinking about a two door panel wagon,a modern version of the old ranch wagon.combing roof panel and rear door from a wagon onto a two door box...but for now I want to focus on fitting the v10/4r100 into WingFootwagon.....

Comment

cowl hood and you're good to go.
                  sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

homina homina homina

That is sweet! If you weren't having hood clearance issues, I'd say slap a S/C on there, to get the Sound that Pirate really likes (lambo sound). There's a video on youtube with an S/C V10 and it sounds beautiful
                    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by wingfootwagon View Post
                      Well where do I start?....I'm new to this type of computer use,not very sure I can get any facts about swapping a v10 into the 89 colony park...from what I've gathered its been done with a few areos,but cant find anything on the "box" models...Hope someone can help as I've picked up a ZERO miles v10 and 4r100,all harness/pcm for an rv,no rev limiter type,Y pipe,rad.ect...Wingfoot
                      Scott says you can use aero engine mounts, as I am pretty sure they mount in the same way as a 4.6. Don't quote me on that though. I look forward to the project!
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I can't wait to see how this one turns out!

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

nice wagon! and the tips on the exhaust look good. this should be an interesting build!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Your main issue, as you may have figured, will probably be length. Routing exhaust could also be a challenge. A small block ford is 29 inches long, and a 4.6 is 36 inches. I can't find the exact number, but you're probably talking an engine 10 or more inches longer than stock if you go V10.

Baumann's 4r100E controller (or equivelant, if there is one) will be needed http://www.optishift.com/

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                              Your main issue, as you may have figured, will probably be length. Routing exhaust could also be a challenge. A small block ford is 29 inches long, and a 4.6 is 36 inches. I can't find the exact number, but you're probably talking an engine 10 or more inches longer than stock if you go V10.

Baumann's 4r100E controller (or equivelant, if there is one) will be needed http://www.optishift.com/
                              Pirate has also said somewhere that they are NOT that long. Like as long as a 302 IIRC...
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                              X