my 92 grand marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 92 grand marquis

still working some of the bugs out, but here she is!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

just saw the vid scott, I'm glad it's rolling under its own power!

was the previous trans an AOD-E?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I freakin' love it.

Btw, Scottmang videos are rockin'!

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
        just saw the vid scott, I'm glad it's rolling under its own power!

was the previous trans an AOD-E?

no it came with an aod, orig trans as far as i can tell.......early 4.6's have the same bellhousing bolt pattern as the 5.0 cars

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

better be careful flyin up the driveway, some guy with flip-flops will come out and yell at you.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            better be careful flyin up the driveway, some guy with flip-flops will come out and yell at you.
            yes and with a beer in his hand lol. nice scott nice to see how it runs

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Good to see it move under it's own power. Sounds like it idles a little high.
              1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

Nice. Glad you got that camera. Gotta say, I thought you would sound different for some reason. The '92 is sweet. Seems to move out real well. How does it feel/sound compared to an NPI 4.6? The stock AOD 1-2 shift sends shivers up my spine. J-mod in the future?

Comment

yea it does idle a little high......ivan said it kept stalling for him, so he turned the throttle body screw......funny it doesn't stall for me lol

greg: my friend joe is a cop and he drives a 07 vic and he said it felt the same powerwise......feels about the same to me too

doubt i will mod the trans, it's got 166,000 miles on it......when it dies then i'll do something about it........this is my beater car to keep the lincolns off the road in the winter, i have been trying to keep it low budget, cause i'm not sure how long i will keep it.......if it proves reliable enough, then it will be kept........so far not so good, 3 of the window regulators broke in one day lol

Comment

If it feels the same as an '07 power-wise, that's pretty impressive of your HO. Seems failed window regulators and Panthers go hand-in-hand. Time for another how-to vid?

Comment

That driving impression makes some logical sense. Isn't the Mustang 5.0 a bit torquier than the cop 4.6? Add that to the '92 being somewhat lighter, and I wouldn't be surprised for it to feel rather decent, especially for a stock-parts effort. Driving around in the '81 now that it's going and insured again, I'm a little surprised how nice that junky little engine feels (being basically a Mustang motor with Explorer cam swap).
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

The 92 is really a nice car.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That's really cool mang! It dont sound bad at all. Gotta get some Flowmasters so people can hear you kick down on it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                            The stock AOD 1-2 shift sends shivers up my spine. J-mod in the future?
                            believe it or not, that trans is one of the best shifting AODs I've ever driven. Its smoother and quieter than most. Also I didn't think the Jmod applied to AODs, only the AODE and 4R70w family? Would be nice if it does, I hate that 1-2 slopshift. Both of my AOD cars do it, and I would love for that to go away.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              believe it or not, that trans is one of the best shifting AODs I've ever driven. Its smoother and quieter than most. Also I didn't think the Jmod applied to AODs, only the AODE and 4R70w family? Would be nice if it does, I hate that 1-2 slopshift. Both of my AOD cars do it, and I would love for that to go away.
                              Shame I had to drive you around in the MK8 and not the POS when you were in. I think you would have liked the way it shifted. And yes, the J-mod is not for the AOD. Maybe I should have said "TransGo-mod"? Been driving SUVs and minivans for too long it seems.

Just watched the vid again, and I don't hear the first gear whine almost every AOD/AODE/4R70 car I have driven has had.

IIRC, the B&M kit firmed up my shifts just driving around, but was still sloppy, slow, and loose shifting gears at heavy or WOT. Pretty much opposite of what I wanted. Was planning on going with a manual for the longest time and just gave in and had someone go nuts on the AOD. It served me well for many miles, and none of them were easy miles.

Scott, is that an open diff? You were chirping all over the place, lol. Planning on going LSD before the snow flies? I know I'm in the minority here, but I like Panthers to be nice and quiet. I wouldn't change a thing about the exhaust note.
                              Last edited by torquelover; 09-19-2010, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X