Super 44 or 40's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super 44 or 40's?

im thinking about buying a new exhaust/mufflers upgrade so i was thinkin which would be better cause i want a loud/agressive sound and a nice idle tone?
    sigpic1998 grand Marquis LS all stock 12x,xxx...
    Mods comin soon....

How Bout No Mufflers.. that what I'm runnin

Comment

loud and agressive id go get SLP loudmouths
      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I have had both.

I had a set of 40's on a 97 with all 4 cats and stock pipes. Sounded great when I punched it. I went thru more gas cuz I'd hit it in tunnels and such

I now have a set of Super 44's,Dumped right after the mufflers. All 4 of my cats have met their maker :wink: so I got pure exhaust volume.

My car sounds like I have wanted it too now. And if I can I will do the same thing to my next one.

At high idle/cold start my car is easy to find in a parking lot.

Ok let's talk drone.. I have it ...lots of it, But I wouldn't have screwed with my stock exhaust if I didn't want it to sound different. It's been 2 months ?? and I wouldn't change a thing. I hear it... all the time and I love it.

End of 1st in a tunnel.

Comment

Odd, your car doesn't sound all that loud in the tunnel video. Possibly there was just too much other background noise.

I've been going around for a couple of days with the forward half of TOTCG's 2.25" 40 Series system on my two-door with no tailpipes, and while not awful like it'd be with 2.5" pipes, it's enough to create some buzzes and rattles and probably attract unwanted attention if I got on it at the wrong times. Definitely going to be tossing my 2" tailpipes on there as time allows, and if it's still too loud for comfort I have a set of Walker SoundFX mufflers I can use instead.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

A single chamber muffler, like a Cherry Bomb Extreme, Flowmaster 10 series, etc, is what you want, if volume is what you're looking for.

I have a CBE on my truck, and it is quite loud. Of course, along with the sound I have that wonderful resonance, which buzzes the trim, and makes your ears tickle at almost any engine speed.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I have duals -2 cats, thursh turbos (cheap) and Marauder tips. I love the sound it makes on my 93. It idles decent. But when you get on in, you know. It has good sound and tone.

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

i think i might go with the superr 44's there a shop here in chicago thats said he will add the h-pipe put on the mufflers wit 2.5in exhaust wit maruader tips for 400! cause i really like the way the 44's sound under load
                sigpic1998 grand Marquis LS all stock 12x,xxx...
                Mods comin soon....

Comment

thrush welded mufflers they are just like the 40's and are half the price. I have them on mine and they sound quite decent on a cfi lopo. $30 a muffler.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                  -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                  1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Screw the blowmasters... Pypes Violators or nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRIjQXCVhto

(Not my video, nor was it the one I was looking for but...)
                    1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
                    1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
                    1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
                    1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiOPRNuYVsk
                      1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
                      1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
                      1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
                      1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment