Another New Guy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another New Guy...

Hi everyone, been lurking around here for a while now. I figured it was time to say hello and start posting a bit, here and there.

I am "Pantherless" at the moment but have always appreciated the cars. I have owned an 89 Town Car and an 89 Grand Marq. I also had a 79 Town Coupe. Right now I have a 99 S10 and an 09 Genesis Sedan.

I attached pics of my past Panthers, although, they are both long gone now. Some day in the future I will be looking for an 88-89 TC or GM. Wouldn't mind an 86 or 87 two door either(oops, tudor).

2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

welcome! that grand marquis was gorgeous. I hope you stick around and pick up a panther.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Thanks! That was my first car and pride and joy! I recently got the original brochure for it from Peter (on here) and never knew my exact car was the featured model in the brochure.
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Comment

Mmmm...Medium Cabernet Metallic, mine used to look like that...but yours is way purdier.

sigpic
        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

How do you like the Genesis? Is it the 4.6?

Comment

Welcome!

Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post

How do you like the Genesis? Is it the 4.6?
              Its the 3.8. Great car in most ways, however, the sport tuned ride is getting to me. I much prefer a softer, plush ride. It also has been to dealer for quite a few little things in 15K miles. I have driven the 4.6 and it is a beast in the acceleration dept, the 3.8 does ok too though.

When I want a nice soft highway ride I grab my Grandfather's 04 GM Ultimate.

Here is a shot of my Genesis.

Past Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                Welcome!

Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?
                Thanks, I'm in southern NJ. I see quite a few NJ folks in here.
                Past Panthers

Comment

welcome to the gang!!!!!!1
                  '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
                  "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
                  "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
                  "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
                  "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

Welcome! Gorgeous cars you had.

I am contemplating selling my tudor after it gets painted. Just saying....
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

After all that work you put in? I would drive that sucker!

Thanks, my 89 Grand Marq was pretty used up when I sold it, with over 100K and a bad O/D due to the infamous TV bushing. Had a really nice paint job though.

The 89 TC was a cream puff with only 66K or so when I sold it.

Both were bone stock except for the stereos.
                      Past Panthers

Comment

Yep.Even after all of that work. For shits and giggles if you are interested PM me and I will give you the low down on the car.(I have an entire ad written up for the car already....just waiting for it to be painted and completely re-assembled so I can include finished product pictures)
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Welcome!!
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome Mang

Comment

Thanks everyone, looking forward to putting my .02 in around the site.
                              Past Panthers

Comment

Working...
                              X