'95 TC Limo for parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baker View Post
    what condition are the exterior coach lights? and how many are on that model?
    I think there are three at each location and they are in decent shape I believe. They are a little yellowed and most likely brittle but not broken.

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
    Does this car have a "trunk muncher"? The little mechanism where you lower the trunk and a little motor pulls it the rest of the way down?
    Yup I believe it does. Not sure if it works but I am pretty sure it did have one.

Comment

Does that have an extended drive shaft or is it a standard aluminum?? If it is a town car aluminum I'd damn near drive for it.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I may possibly be interested in the coach lights... I can never rig enough of them to something

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        1965 Cadillac Hearse by M+M "Edgar"
        1964 Mercury Comet Caliente

Comment

are the limo town car PCM's any different than stock town car? If it is like a CVPI PCM I might be interested in that.

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
            Does that have an extended drive shaft or is it a standard aluminum?? If it is a town car aluminum I'd damn near drive for it.
            Not sure on the drive shaft. The car has been extended and I believe it is custom DS. I believe it has a carrier bearing. I will be lifting the rear of the car up as soon as this rain breaks. The car is outside and I ain't climbing in the mud.

Comment

Originally posted by Neal 97 250 View Post
              Yup I believe it does. Not sure if it works but I am pretty sure it did have one.
              How much for it and its matching bracket thingy on the trunk itself, shipped to 60475?
              sigpic
              https://www.facebook.com/jason.baker.1614
              1985 P43 Crown Vic, "Lightning Interceptor". Project is back on!
              1987 P72 Crown Vic, EFI 351W (not my conversion), rusty and crusty parts car.
              2006 Ford Fusion, 30MPG, premium sound, daily driver, 200K miles and still going.
              2011 Ford Fucus, 36MPG, Sync, wifey / baby mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by Neal 97 250 View Post
                Not sure on the drive shaft. The car has been extended and I believe it is custom DS. I believe it has a carrier bearing. I will be lifting the rear of the car up as soon as this rain breaks. The car is outside and I ain't climbing in the mud.
                The drive shaft should be designed only for limos and possibly hearses in that year / body. They are lengthened according to coach builder.

Comment

I've seen limos with 2-segment drive shafts. It may have 2 drive shafts on it. Saw one that had the multi-segment shaft laying on the asphalt due to the u-joint at the rear diff (or something in that area) breaking. wrecker on the scene was trying to tie up the shaft so it wouldn't drag the ground while in tow. Was interesting to watch.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

yeah it usually comes in a 2 or 3 piece but the lengths of each shaft are different. Then again, we are talking about a lincoln and my experience are with cadillacs

Comment

Yup. I got it in the air yesterday. There are three driveshafts and two carrier bearings. Now that's one long SOB!

Heretic, I am going out there today to take a look at the trunk. I will get back with you on the trunk muncher.

Anybody else need something from thsi car? I have a decent front clip, doors great interior etc. I have lots of pics now if you want.

Comment

post all the pics. That will definitely help get rid of parts.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yes please post pics. Limos are always different and most definitely contain fancy things us guys never seen before.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            Limos are always different and most definitely contain fancy things us guys never seen before.
                            That we will inevitably want.
                            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                              That we will inevitably want.
                              Indeed. I call dibs on the jizz stained seats, w/e lingerie tucked behind them and whatever alcohol you find while tearing her down

Bump for you mang. Hope you get some pics up for us to see.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

^Yes. Pics. We need them.

Comment

Working...
                                X