Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... New car

I already miss having a panther.

Sold mine for $1500 cash but its still in my yard, the guy gave me the money but hes been busy and has another car so hes not in a huge rush to get it changed over ..

Anyways, in the mean time my parents got me a 2005 honda civic. Not a big 4 cyliner fan but i needed a newer more trust worthy car to get back and forth to university next year since im going to continue to live at home ..

heres a few pictures, its in great condition, fully loaded with 30,000km on it.

79 Grand Marquis

"Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles only."
    1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
    2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
    sigpic

Comment

For the Reader's Rides forum of course. I didn't think that this rule applied for posting in The Dark Side.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
        For the Reader's Rides forum of course. I didn't think that this rule applied for posting in The Dark Side.
        Nope, anything goes in here, that's why this room was created. I don't care what it is, car, truck, motorcycle, ATV....post it.

Comment

It wasn't in the dark side it was moved.
          1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
          2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
          sigpic

Comment

The humanity.

Pete

PS Pesty, now I've got this picture of Earl singing P-Funk.
            Originally posted by gadget73
            For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
            1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
            1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Lol
              sigpic

Comment

Ewww.
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Si front end :

New Rims (17 inch Montegi's)
                  :

Upcoming - tinted tail lights, tinted parks maybe, front tint, cold air intake.
                  79 Grand Marquis

Comment

The tint and wheels did great things for that car, but my GOD that bug deflector is beyond words... Please rip it off and BURN IT. NOW.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
                    1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

congrats! You know; I love my project car dearly, and in all fairness 2/3 of the things that have been wrong with it, *I've* created, but even so there have been relentless component failures, quirks, wearing-outs; it's always something, even if small, every other month. Last window motor died the other week. I've been expecting it, not surprised, and having done the other 4, I know I can get it done in a jiffy. But still. One more thing to fix. Only found out when showing off the car to friends, and one of them couldn't roll her window down...

I can't blame you for wanting something newer.

It's smaller, but, it's lightweight and fuel efficient right? And doesn't look half bad. Agreed on the bug deflector though. And, don't add more than what you have; the wheels and tint are just the right level of styling without going over into ricer territory.

Comment

If you want good and reliable, put the stock wheels back on. The milage will be better and you won't have to worry about breaking the wheels by hitting potholes and other crap in the road. And don't forget to paint the drums on the back red like the calipers.

And for the love of whatever god, stop buying stick on accessories. I see the pickup in the background.
                        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

ah, good point. I work at volvo, where many a car comes with low profile tires stock. Sporty image, ya know. And I also see many a car that's just hit something, and has bent a rim, and maybe even a shock, and certainly blown out the tire. They do get ground up and bent up all the time. Larger aspect ratios absorb more impact and weather more obstacles; that's why truck tires are so tall. For daily driving at not more than 15mph over legal speeds, low profile tires don't make that much of a handling advantage.
                          Maybe bring out the black wheels for summer fun; stock wheels for the winter.

Comment

I dont like the look of red drums, i just sanded them down and sprayed some black tremclad. Stock wheels have new studded tires ready to go also, way cheaper to buy 15 inch snowtires and its basically a 195 vs a 225 for snow tires as well (width) and the narrow ones seem to do a lot better in the snow. Not going to do my park lights but im going to tint my tails. Personally i dont mind the bug deflector, I think its sort of ugly but it looks worse with it off, you can see where the bolts are and the things that hold it on are stuck to the hood so I'd have to take those off and get it painted again.

Also, i was jacking up the car and a wheel off my jack broke off and it slid off the frame and went through the floor. Not pleased but its fixed now. Took it to a good body shop and it wasnt a huge deal, the floor seperated from the frame.

Heres a pic with the red calipers up close (yeah, that finger is custom):

another pic :

and finally the jack damage (dont mind the mess):

The car will be back tomorrow (so basically in 6 hours). They have the floor fixed up now, it looks good and is all sealed and done right, just need to put the passenger seat in.
                            79 Grand Marquis

Comment

ouch... that got jacked up (bad pun intended). Glad it's fixed. Bad jack... no cookie!

Personally, I don't care for the wheels... but then I'm more old school when it comes to wheel looks. to each his own.

Other than that... it looks good and clean. It should be a nice runabout for ya.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                              X