• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unibody fail.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Oh The Huge Manatee!

Pete
      Originally posted by gadget73
      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Yeah, the wheels never really grew on me either. I like that black wheels never have to be cleaned besides mud though, looking at a few different styles of wheels, i like the just normal machined finish of the wheels that are on it now or chrome, getting fog lights as well sometime soon, the ones that slide right into my bumper.
        79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by moneypit View Post
          The tint and wheels did great things for that car, but my GOD that bug deflector is beyond words... Please rip it off and BURN IT. NOW.
          and then burn it again just for good measure. Otherwise the car looks decent.....for honda lol jk
          Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
          New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Yeah, still thinking of ideas (nothing too flashy) but i dont think theres much more i can do to it. Ill tint the tails eventully and probably get a little better speakers and a cai and call it quits there. Not worth putting money into a 4 banger engine and the exhaust is staying stock no doubt
            79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsrule16 View Post
              Not worth putting money into a 4 banger engine and the exhaust is staying stock no doubt
              I wish more people would come to this realization.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Lol yeah I know.... I figure those cars would have gone out of style by now! Now people buying more of the newer models than the old.... it just never ends.....

But anyways looks like you have a fairly decent looking car.... besides the bug shield. Just looks out of place. But other than that she looks good mang!

Comment

bug shield does turn into a rock shield in construction zones... it can be nice to have if they're installed properly so they don't rub the paint off themselves.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah, bug sheild has to stay on. I took it off to see what i could do with it and all the clips and stuff are glued right to the hood, definatly going to take some paint off with it and some dirt got in behind it so its scratched where the bug sheild was. One of these days I am going to get a set of speakers, car has alright sound system for what it is but it could be better. I basically just want to get 4 mid level speakers, a head unit so i can use an aux cable to run my ipod and probably call it a day on that. I dont need some trunk rattling badass system, theres almost enough bass in this stock system. Not as good sound as the gmq though.

On a side note, i am once again on stock rims. There is something in my front end that is wearing out tires and nobody (me included) has any idea what it is. I have some shitty winter tires the car dealer was gonna throw out on the front and my normal ones on my back (stock wheels). They checked allignment, camber and toe (if its the same thing im thinking) and not sure what it could be.
                    79 Grand Marquis

Comment

got a new cd player with usb, a place for an aux cable and some memory sticks and stuff .. going to pick up 4 speakers to try and make the interior sound a little better soon. anyone know anything about speakers? dont really want to spend more then $200 for 4 speakers minus tax
                      79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Got my cd player installed, made a big difference in sound. I got two sony 3 way speakers in the front, back speakers arn't installed yet as its not just a speaker grille to take off, you have to (like the dash) take apart a bunch of unessecary things to get at what you want to change which is stupid. Took a lot of work to get the cd player in, the door panals were fairly easy though.
                        79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                          If you want good and reliable, put the stock wheels back on. The milage will be better and you won't have to worry about breaking the wheels by hitting potholes and other crap in the road. And don't forget to paint the drums on the back red like the calipers.

And for the love of whatever god, stop buying stick on accessories. I see the pickup in the background.
                          Oh, and thats my dads truck. Nobody bid on it at an auction so he brought it home dirt cheap, tried peeling the side ones off first and all the paint comes off with them. Truck will be painted after winter though and everything is coming off after that. I know my dads friends make fun of him pretty bad for it though but its an 04 with 100k on it and a 5.3 so for the money its worth a few chirps. It will be cleaned up when the salt is off the roads.
                          79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Fog lights are installed (factory, they fit into the bumper) along with rear speakers and an amp, got new tires on order for my 17 inch rims for summer time (215/35/17's) and ill be adding a cold air intake off ebay and tinting my tail lights finally. A body shop is going to use the actual paint gun and apply some clear coat ect it should look nice, got my third break light working too.
                            79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Working...
                            X