No announcement yet.

what 6x9s do you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my Kenwood eXcelon has the crossovers built in as well. the bass/mid/treble tune controls are nice too. The USB port will do flash drives, mp3 players, and ipods. has a stereo plug (AUX) for anything else. Even has voltage control for the sub outputs. I haven't messed with Pioneer decks in a long time so I dunno what their budget end does any more. I do know that almost nobody can match Pioneer's tuners.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I love my pioneer deck. I currently have a dehp4000UB. Has pretty much everything you could want. I just blew it up though Gotta purchase a new Pioneer deck now.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 351m View Post
        Get a decent Pioneer deck, get familiar with the eqs and crossovers and you will never go back. I currently run an old Clarion, its nice but I miss the functionality of my old Premier head unit.

can you change the crossover point? can't on the sony. didn't know it was a built-in option on some head units. i know there are a zillion aftermarket crossovers i could use but having it right in the deck would be nifty.

lpf/hpf?

how big is the EQ? the eq on my xplod is only 3 bands...I'm a musician and have been a sound tech for years, when I reach for an EQ I'm used to having 31 bands so the 3 does kinda piss me off.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

on my kenwood, yes. High pass on the front/rear and low pass on sub. /40/60/80/100/120/150/180/220 Hz (F/R), 50/60/80/100/120 Hz (sub) and a thru option on all. I run my sub with the thru option since it accurately reproduces up to 400Hz with no issues and the other speakers at 150Hz.

as for the Pioneer deck... their spec sheet says this:
          High-Pass Crossover (HPF) 50/63/80/100/125Hz, -12dB/Oct.
          Subwoofer Crossover (LPF) 50/63/80/100/125Hz, -18dB/Oct., +/-12dB

and a 3-band parametric EQ (so probably the same as what we're both used to - Bass/Mid/High)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I need to figure out how to wire in a 31 band rack EQ
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

glove box and some severe fab work.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                on my kenwood, yes. High pass on the front/rear and low pass on sub. /40/60/80/100/120/150/180/220 Hz (F/R), 50/60/80/100/120 Hz (sub) and a thru option on all. I run my sub with the thru option since it accurately reproduces up to 400Hz with no issues and the other speakers at 150Hz.

as for the Pioneer deck... their spec sheet says this:
                High-Pass Crossover (HPF) 50/63/80/100/125Hz, -12dB/Oct.
                Subwoofer Crossover (LPF) 50/63/80/100/125Hz, -18dB/Oct., +/-12dB

and a 3-band parametric EQ (so probably the same as what we're both used to - Bass/Mid/High)
                Kenwood is more tuneable but for the price I think Pioneer/Premier still has it, locally anyway. That said I have been eyeing the new Excelons as well.

About the xplode line... A buddy had an $800 one with a TFT screen, and it had an eq in it but again, the speakers that held up for a year behind the pioneer lasted a few weeks behind the Sony.

1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
                1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
                1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
                1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

I have an Eclise which has nice functionality, but the controls blow. I constantly change the wrong thing or end up in the sound settings when trying to change channels and stuff. The Kenwood I had before also had incredibly awkward controls, though they required more deliberate input. I really wish I could get a 2 shaft cd player, or something with hardware controls instead of having to go through a goddamn menu to program the radio to work properly. I have stereo equipment from the 70s, and its just so vastly more user-friendly its not even funny. Even the stock CD player in the Mark VII is easier to deal with. It has knobs for bass, treble, fader and balance and only a few buttons, each with one single function. No layers of menus and multi-functional controls to monkey with.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the excelon cost me $180 after the HD-Radio module ($140 for the head and $40 for the HD-Radio module). They don't sell the x492 any more though.

Comment

Mine are Roadmaster 6x9's from wal-mart. They sound pretty good.
                      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I just had Pioneer D-Series 6x8s installed all around in my 99 GM, and they sound fantastic. The rear deck openings were actually 6x9 with an adapter plate, but the D-Series 6x9 would hit the trunk rods, so we stayed with the adapter and 6x8 size.
                        1999 MGM LS - 54k - Toreador Red - Ultimate Pkg - RAS - KYB PI spec shocks - Addco bars - dual exhaust added - MT(no Z) - BOC 87 octane tune.

Comment

Working...
                        X