1981 Mercury Grand Marquis Time Capsule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 Mercury Grand Marquis Time Capsule

I noticed this 1981 Mercury Grand Marquis on page 147 of 79lincolnlovers "My findings" thread. and decided to check it out. Turns out it was an accurate listing and the car did infact have only 53,000 original kms (approx 33,000 miles)

The car was purchased new October 15th 1981 in Mississauga Ontario Canada, where is stayed until the owner passed away in 2006. His son inherited the car and moved it to his garage in Pickering Ontario.

The car was used for church on sundays by the father when the weather was nice and stored away in the garage the rest of the time. The man would use his pickup in the rain and the snow as to not make a mess of his car.

I will add nore pictures over the weekend once I get some pictures of it in the daylight. the car arrived late friday evening.

I did take this picture showing the back of the car with the original tires still on the car after 30 years.

Thanks again to 79lincolnlover for spotting this. I had not been online looking for one but this was worth every penny.

WOW what a find, I really hope you will keep the miles off of her and treat it very nice. Thats the type of thing that could roll through barrett-jackson in 30 years. I am looking forward to seeing the interior and engine compartment. Never seen the original tires from a box before lol, I would consider swapping them off the car and saving them. Put on some modern tires that dont matter, probably be safer anyways
    -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
    -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Here are some pictures I took today...also the first time i have seen the car in the daylight.

Comment

And inside...

Comment

Here is a short video my friend took of the car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cGkmavg7ow

Comment

What a pair of beautiful cars. Now you know what you need to finish off the 81 year collection.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Man that interior is hot.
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Awesome buy! I'm sure that you'll take good care of her
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Those Mercury's are beautiful.. no doubt. The interior of that sedan blows me away. Great buy and a great start to a collection.

Is that a 1975 or 1976 AMC Matador in the video in the parking lot off to the left side of the wagon? If so.. I want to see that also. Those are all but gone around here. I don't think I've seen one on the road for 15 years or so.

Mike J.
                  1990 Country Squire LX .... Rolling around 220k miles Man is she Sweet to me.
                  1976 Lincoln Continental .... 55k miles and loaded with Smiles !!!
                  1990 LTD Crown Victoria Wagon .... "Fresh" project

A parking lot \ barn full of Non-GMN related vehicles.

Comment

its a 77

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZECGR5oaTU

Comment

so nice
                      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Wow great car! Matches your wagon perfectly!

Comment

dont drive it, seriously.

thats the kind of car i would detail then park in the garage covered and let time just keep passing by it.
                          1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                          1994 MGM GS Montigua
                          2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                          2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Thanks guys. the wagon has just broke 60,000 kms this year. they both are kept in heated storage to protect them

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
                              dont drive it, seriously.

thats the kind of car i would detail then park in the garage covered and let time just keep passing by it.
                              yea x2 I agree. Glad to hear you have a heated place to keep store them out of the elements.
                              -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                              -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Working...
                              X