• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another box gone to a good home
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

kind of a stupid question, but how do you "buy" a title for a car that has none?
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
        kind of a stupid question, but how do you "buy" a title for a car that has none?
        x2
        1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
        1994 MGM GS Montigua
        2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

depends on the state... but basically pay fees at the tax office and show some proof of purchase or apply for a salvage title.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
            You have to know someone in the DMV :heyhey:

Pete
            For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
            1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
            1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

This is the legal way to "buy a title". We won't get into the illegal ways here because this is the internet. Here's one of the companys that do it, explaining how it works CLICK HERE, a few guys at the body shop I work at claim to have done this successfully a few times, it is fully legal to do it this way.

Hoping that I don't have to go that route though, too expensive. I have a Bill of Sale from the original Owner, signed over to the last buyer of the car, (which is who Brandon bought the Linc from supposedly), so maybe I can get the DMV to play ball. I'll get a title one way or another, this thing is too nice to not be titled.

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
              Another box gone to a good home
              She's a Keeper too.

Comment

Yes that is who I bought the lincoln from... I wish I could just find his number but I dont know what the hell happen to it...

Like I said it was titled in his and his dads name. So the title was sent off in two names... If ya could find out the other guy and where they live at, you could just get a lost title application have them to sign it and you fill it out in your name and the title will come back in your name. I know the guy lives in Chapel Hill.

Ohhhh Looky what I just found!!!
                http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/1979873121.html

I'm going to email him and get this all straight that you bought the car and would love to have the title!

Comment

It definitely depends on the state. Apparently Delaware has some monthly thing where you can take a VIN of a non-titled vehicle in, and they either pull up the last titled owner so you can try and contact that person for a title, or if its not in the system and there are no reports of it being stolen, you get issued a title. If the last person to title the vehicle doesn't have the thing, I think they can just apply for a replacement title and sign it over or something. If you live in a state that doesn't have some sort of provision for getting a replacement title, you find a friend in a state that has that. If you don't have such a friend, you use that company linked above to do basically the same thing, and likely you pay them more for it.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                    Yes that is who I bought the lincoln from... I wish I could just find his number but I dont know what the hell happen to it...

Like I said it was titled in his and his dads name. So the title was sent off in two names... If ya could find out the other guy and where they live at, you could just get a lost title application have them to sign it and you fill it out in your name and the title will come back in your name. I know the guy lives in Chapel Hill.

Ohhhh Looky what I just found!!!
                    http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/1979873121.html

I'm going to email him and get this all straight that you bought the car and would love to have the title!

Nice! Lemme know if you find out anything. I have a little while to wait before the DMV office here opens back up again anyway. Someone shot a bunch of the employees dead there the other day, and now they are "closed until further notice".

LOL! That conti in the link has the exact same color scheme as this one. Makes me wonder how many of these made it here to NC throughout the years, and are now resting in the yards and garages of old people waiting to be found. No way I could get it anyway. As of late last month the Roll-Back was sold, as was the 20ft Trailer, so I now have no way to tow anything myself. I have to get this Linc running in the next couple of months before I move to the new place that I'm buying, or I'm stuck having to pay the tow guy to move it for me.

Comment

DMV shootings

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                      I have a little while to wait before the DMV office here opens back up again anyway. Someone shot a bunch of the employees dead there the other day, and now they are "closed until further notice".
                      Sounds like a dangerous place to work!!
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

It's the new Post Office

Pete
                        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

^

Apparently so.

Comment

Working...
                          X