No announcement yet.

1980 lincoln continental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get them at the parts store? I've gotten the hood shocks without problems before.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
      i need the seat belts for the front seats and does the trunk lid stay up?
      Okay. The trunk lid does not stay up... I have somebody interested in the car and asked me to hold for a few days. If it does not go through I will definately sell those to you.

Comment

ok man, no worries!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

if it has the football shaped premium sound amp and you do end up parting it out... ME WANT!!!!!!!

if all 4 corners work that is. The amp in mine is dead on the front right, though the pass-through works fine.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

some of the football amps are 4 channel, some are 2 channel. The one out of my 86 Towncar was 2 channel, only the front speakers were amplified.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

mine's a 4 channel... bumps all working corners pretty good. 80 is close enough to 82 so it should be the same.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Looks like this thing is gonna be mine tomorrow. Will be a nice Christmas present for myself this year. I feel like a kid getting a new toy to play with, lol.

Brandon is taking the Vic off my hands as well, so this worked out well.

Comment

Sweet dude.

I recently bought a white tudor as well.

**2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Yep. I will be delivering her today. I gots to go to greensboro first thing this morning then when i come back I'll be heading up that way... I just hope this rain holds off.

Comment

I got the car today around 2pm. Brandon was 100% truthful about the condition of everything. Just so all you GMN mangs know, this is a mang that you can trust buying a vehicle from.

I'm very happy with how clean/rust-free the undercarriage and frame are. Everything electrical in the interior works as well, even the digtal message center, and digi speedo. Now if I can just get a title...

Comment

Yay. That car was way to nice to be parted.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Oh Cool! I never had the chance to stick a battery in it. Good to hear the electrical stuff works.

How about that quarter glass? do they work?

Comment

Yeah, the quarter windows work great. It trys to lower the main window but the PW Motor is too weak on both sides. I have a couple rebuilt ones ready to go in, as soon as I get the time to install them. I found out this car is actually a Continental Mark VI, I thought before that it was just a base model Conti.

I'm thinking as of right now that I may have to buy a title for this car for $400, which is fine because I'm already falling in love with this thing, lol. I will make a RR thread soon with pics of the original state of the car, before I start cleaning or working on anything.

Comment

in 1980 there was no Continental other than the Mark VI. The Continental re-appeared in 82, but it was a completely different car based on the Fox platform.

Comment

That Lincoln looks real clean, the 2 doors are quite rare too, that's way too nice and rare to part out. I would throw it on ebay.

Comment

Working...
                                X