No announcement yet.

might be mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been for sale for months. Was 2k, 1500, 1400, 1300, 1200, 1100 and so on....he seems to really want to get rid of it. Once I hear back from him I'm going to go check it out.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

If you buy it, drive it until something major goes wrong and move on. I wouldn't get sucked in too far with something with those kind of miles.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

well I've got the $$ lined up, I just gotta wait for the guy to answer my messages. Should be in my driveway by Wednesday.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

going to check it out now..
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
            going to check it out now..
            would be a great car with about a grand worth of body work. every wheel well is rusted but not visible from through the paint. i pulled the trim off with my hand and a piece of body came with it....it put it back on and walked away slowly in case it fell apart further. saving my money and buying something less rotten.
            Last edited by 1990LTD; 10-31-2010, 03:58 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Just another reason to never trust a pic to tell you much about the condition of a car. Digital pics hide a fuckton of flaws, especially lower-res ones. I've seen many cars that will look nice and clean in digital pictures, in person, not so much.

Comment

yeah it looked great from even a few feet until you run your hand along the body panels and feel how weak some of them are...reach behind and you could probably tap through the "metal" if you wanted to. would be a great project but i think i've got a nicer project. i would love to buy it to swap the drivetrain to my 1990 but that's not in the cards right now.
                sigpic

Comment

lol...i just came back from looking at a 1981 mark VI 2door. wow, there was a lot of rust. so bad that the rockers were missing...you guys must use alot of salt up around your area

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                    Digital pics hide a fuckton of flaws, especially lower-res ones. I've seen many cars that will look nice and clean in digital pictures, in person, not so much.
                    Like my 85... it loves the camera
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

make u a deal on a 5.0 ho converted 92 grand marquis

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                        make u a deal on a 5.0 ho converted 92 grand marquis
                        Really?
                        sigpic

Comment

what about these cars

'95 Cougar XR7

http://capebreton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...AdIdZ236907652

'97 T-bird

http://capebreton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...AdIdZ233825918

'00 GM

http://capebreton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...dIdZ239316131#
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

i emailed about the merc and the tbird..
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                              You have a steady source of income. I do not.
                              I'm unemployed at the moment.

A piece of advice from someone who has been there: If you have to sell your shit to buy another car, you have no business buying another car.
                              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

The possible exception to this rule is if you're selling one car to make room for another, though that does have exceptions. Selling the DD to make room for a project car is always a horrible idea.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X