Ball Joint Manufacturers and Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kishy View Post
    Someone with some spare cash, time, and cars should really demo a set of each super cheap brand and get back to us. I'd be a good candidate except I hate doing front end work, so...
    Maybe if I have the time and energy next week I’ll figure out how to get the upper ball joint changed on the passenger side. Driver’s side still looks okay, so I don’t know if I’ll change it yet.

Last time they were serviced it had a total front end job done by Ford, but that was $$$$. I may as well learn since it’s a good thing to do.

I’ll try my store brand just to see if it’s worthwhile.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Certain things I don't mind trying cheap stuff on. Ball joints are a pain in the ass to change, and dangerous if they fail. I'm just leery of trying new, cheap things there.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

KW - you could also just put an energy suspension boot over the torn boot and fill it back up with grease. Esp if the joint is fine.
        -Nick M.
        Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
        03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
          KW - you could also just put an energy suspension boot over the torn boot and fill it back up with grease. Esp if the joint is fine.
          Joint seems fine for now. You wouldn’t happen to have a part number on one of those bushings? The only ones I’ve seen were smaller for tie rod application.

My Cars:
          -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
          -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
          -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
          -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I drove around for 15 years with a half melted away boot (had a caliper stick), I greased it each time I changed the oil. Never had a problem with it.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
            X