Tennessee Marauder Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tennessee Marauder Police Car

No I do not have a picture, I was driving.

When we drove down to florida this past weekend, while driving through Tennessee, I noticed the infamous flashing blue lights on the side of the road, behind a car that had been caught speeding. From a distance I first thought it was a normal CVPI. We get up closer, and I noticed the rear end had a lot of things that were painted gloss black. I then noticed the spoiler. At that point I got excited. We get up to pass it and I noticed that it had the chrome 18 inch wheels, and then saw the mercury badge on the grille. I about flipped a shit.

Did anyone know these existed? It wasn't one of those hopped up unmarked marauders, it was a full on police car complete with a cage, full light bar, and push bars. Just thought I would share.
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

there was never an official Police package Marauder from Ford, However some organizations bought Marauders and put the police equipment in them. Florida state patrol had an entire fleet of Marauders, most them have been retired by now. This could have also been a drug seizure car or local impound that was claimed and had the police equipment installed. It could have also been a clone, several people have taken normal CVPI cars and installed Marauder body panels and wheels.
    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Interesting. I saw a marauder in ky that had an antenna farm and a PI badge...
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

We never had any in CT.

But I am nearly certain the CT state police have at least one SRT-8 Charger.

I saw it with lights flashing near exit 21 on 91, back a while ago. Had the SRT wheels, and a small badge on the decklid.

CT state police had T type Regals in the late '80s. Folks went crazy for them at auction when they were retired.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

reminds me of the time i was trying to take a picture of a bugatti and smoked a curb lmao..

i wonder if they have to share it or if thats just one leo's every day cruiser.
          1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
          1994 MGM GS Montigua
          2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
          2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

I've heard of Marauders being used in Florida. Also I've heard of cars that were impounded were turned into police cars to catch racers.

Comment

a little town in AZ has a lambo diablo a few years ago
              '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
              "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
              "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
              "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
              "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

The FHP had 18 of them in all three colors that were donated by a "friend of the patrol." The FHP did not buy them. They were assigned to Supervisors, or as Aggressive Driving Task Force cars. The Task force cars were shared between two Troopers who also had a regular marked unit issued to them. They just started going to auction in the last few months.
                1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

More on the Florida cars...

The cars were donated to the FHP by a car dealer, after he was run off the road by an aggressive driver. He was so mad, he offered the Highway Patrol the cars, and they took him up on the offer...
                  Most Departments in Florida have agressive driving officers. We have two vehicles at Gulf Breeze, Florida... One is a four door F-150... With all concealed lights, the license plate camera / scanner, special "hideaway lights facing the rear. The rear lights are in a toolbox that was specially made for the Police Dept. by "Better Built". It has a electrically controlled hydraulic lid, that opens at the touch of a button. When the lid opens a mini Whelen sigh board and four blue L.E.D.'s come on... The sign board usually says "Gulf Breeze Police" or it can also be used like an arrow board.
                  Funny story about the truck.. When the city first got it, they couldn't decide whether they wanted to put a "city" plate on it, or a "civilian" Florida plate, because of legal issues with doing the latter. Anyway, the officer was going home one night, with no tag on the vehicle... The FHP got in behind him, saw no tag, so he pulled him over... (The truck looks totally stock, no lights visible until you turn them on...) Anyway, the Trooper gets out, and starts to walk up to the truck. About the time he got to the front fender of his car, the tool box starts to open slowly, then all the blue lights came on... so he stopped and watched it open all the way.... He then walked up to the drivers window, looked in at the officer, made the comment --- "smartass!" then walked back to his car, and drove off.... The officer said he couldn't move for about 10 minutes, as he was laughing so hard!

The other vehicle is another four door Gold Chevrolet pickup... similarly equiped... so be carefull going thru Gulf Breeze, Fl!
                  Tom!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                  Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Here are a couple of pics of the FHP cars.

1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

atc in the cruiser FTW!
                      1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                      1994 MGM GS Montigua
                      2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by watchdog View Post
                        Here are a couple of pics of the FHP cars.

yea, one of the silver ones pulled me over a few years ago while i was in florida. guess who was dumbfounded at the time!
                        2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
                        2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
                        1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

That is completly badass! I want one lol. I was wondering if the one the OP saw was just a personal vehicle with lights. I have seen an Impreza WRX with blue lights on traffic detail locally, obviously one of the officers personal cars. Up here the state police have a marked white Ford Super Duty with a lightbar and state police insignia on the doors. It too has a toolbox it probably holds gear becuase the truck conducts DOT stops on semi's.
                          -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                          -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Depending on the state, you have to have a marked car come make the stop.. If the person being stopped doesn't stop for an unmarked car in Florida, unless they "run", there is no penalty.. As long as they go to a well lit store, or gas station etc... I doubt that was an officers car... Most officers won't risk the liability of making a traffic stop in their personal car, and most depts. frown on that. Now, that being said, it could have been a "seized" car, that the Police Dept. is using. We used to have a Honda and a Mazda Miata unmarked that was used for traffic, as a "pace" car on the bridge over Pensacola Bay... We have had some very bad accidents on the bridge, and speed was a factor in most of them, so that is well patroled for that reason. The Miata would "pace clock" the violator, and then officers at the end of the bridge, in marked vehicles, would stop them...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                            Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

It was marked, it said Tennessee State Highway Patrol on the side, and it matched the normal PI CV's (we saw numerous). Like I said, it had a full cage, pushbars, and a lightbar on top. I wish I wasn't driving at the time, I would have had a picture of it.
                              Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                              New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Working...
                              X