My 2009 GM project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2009 GM project

Made a video of how my 2009 now goes, stops and turns. Only things left are upper and lower control arms in rear. Springs all around are the standard "Ultimate" GM's. I like having greater wheel travel with the softer springs, and tying it all together with shocks and sway bars. All the mods are in my sig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy-UDNxAqyw
    sigpic
    2009 GM, 45,000 miles
    ADDCO Sway Bars, METCO Control arms & Watts link, KYB CVPI shocks, 3.27 Track Lock, GT500 wheels, Eagle F1 Supercar tires, Walker dual exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, ADTR ported upper manifold, Stillen Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Hypertech Programmer, 93 tune.

Looks great! What gears does it have? 3.55's?
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

It has the 2.73's. The premium fuel tune with the modified shift points really wake it up.
      sigpic
      2009 GM, 45,000 miles
      ADDCO Sway Bars, METCO Control arms & Watts link, KYB CVPI shocks, 3.27 Track Lock, GT500 wheels, Eagle F1 Supercar tires, Walker dual exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, ADTR ported upper manifold, Stillen Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Hypertech Programmer, 93 tune.

Comment

All the things you have done are things I want to do with mine. Nice!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Nice work. 3.27's or 3.55's would be the next step I would assume? Doing the J-mod?

Comment

sweet!
            you have one subscriber now hehe

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Not sure if gears will be a problem with warranty. My HyperTech tuner will take care of the difference in gearing, but I return the pcm to stock to take it in. The car will be coming into the dealership with codes thrown? with the standard pcm program? Jmod IM not sue if I want to chance opening all that up under warranty. Will stick with it the way it is for a few years. Better tires when I scrub these ones off.
              sigpic
              2009 GM, 45,000 miles

Comment

Nice video.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

TY new link as I tried a different compression for the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Z-wk042sE
                  sigpic
                  2009 GM, 45,000 miles

Comment

This page information is sort of old... newer videos - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHPgpYqCMHc - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL5ChIfpbIY
                    sigpic
                    2009 GM, 45,000 miles

Comment

Congrats on the POTM. It looks good up there.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

good looking car.
                        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Do you still have the 05+ CVPI MAF laying around, or did you chuck it?
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Sold that MAF
                            sigpic
                            2009 GM, 45,000 miles

Comment

you drive the hell out of that thing. I love the videos.

congrats on the POTM.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
                              X