No announcement yet.

And so it begins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope this LTD is still alive and kicking!
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

As a matter of fact I just got her running again tonight. Timing chain failed on me, got side tracked with other projects and the high gas prices steered me away from it too. Now they are back down some and I figured...what the heck. Have a bunch of little things to finish buttoning her back up, but it runs and drove aroudn the yard.

As far as the shop goes, I found out I need a permit, and in order to get one you have to present a sketch of what you want to build. Just havent gotten around to it.

I sold the 85 toyota cressida previously mentioned in this thread and bought a 78 F150 with a 351m c6. Drove it for a while until the SAME THING happened to the truck....timing chain. So I yanked the motor and swapped in a 300 I6 and 3 on the tree manual trans. So much more power and 2x the fuel mileage.

I did get my welder hooked up so Ill be cutting out rust and welding in patches soon. Also have to build an exhaust of some kind. I remember the last time I drove it fumes were getting in from all the rust holes.

Now that Im older and more motivated, shits gonna start getting done.
      Its good to be back on the forum here too. The Ford truck enthusiast guys dont like hearing about the LTD. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        The Ford truck enthusiast guys don't like hearing about the LTD.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Went on there back when I got the thing asking questions about the motor since they have a section for it...

Meh. its all good now though. Ive got a ton of manuals I found at an antique shop that covers almost everything I own.

Comment

Just a little update, Ive sourced several large holley 4bbls and Im now looking for a cheep 4bbl intake and a cam that suits me for now.

Also just swapped the speedometer to a 120mph one. popping the pin on the odometer and getting the mileage right was the hardest part. Its going back in later today and well see how well it works.

Comment

Working...
            X