No announcement yet.

And so it begins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

makes since about the stangs...I guess ford expected people to flog them which I fully do every time I get behind the wheel of my friends 08 gt.

Ill search online a little deeper. worst case scenario...I got a guy. lol.

lincoln versallies? Honestly, Ive never heard of that car before. which is strange for me. I can tell you what though, I havent seen any in the yards I visit around here. What I'll do though, is take a piece of cardboard and make a template...little bit easier than measuring each and every good looking rim I come across. Ill figure soemthing out. I mean, I love my hubcaps...just scared of loosing them. Already lost one from the original set But Ill find a set...Im sure of it.

Comment

I bet box wheels will fit... my 77 LTDII had box/ranger lug pattern... I can't picture them making different wheels for the LTD/LTDII...
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
        I bet box wheels will fit... my 77 LTDII had box/ranger lug pattern... I can't picture them making different wheels for the LTD/LTDII...
        Your "Smoke" was on the torino, or mid-size chassis.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Alright guys...update about those wheels. I was at the junkyard and they had a 73 LTD there. I snagged the 120mph spedometer, the drivers hood hinge (mines bent) and a couple other things. Also got an afterrmarket cassette player out of a mustang II that was there.

Anyway, I tried putting some turbines on the 73 there...and its a no go. WAYYYY off. its a shame, I grabbed two and left em hanging on one stud each and man...that 73 looked real good with the turbines just sitting there... oh well.

If its warm enough, Ill be swapping the hinge tomorrow and attempting the install of the cassette player. Reason I got the cassette player is so I can use an adapter and play my MP3 player through the car. It'll be hidden under the seat.

Comment

Kind of sounds like you have the Panther 5x4.5 pattern then. I have access to turbines from a '75 Town coupe and they are the same pattern as a Chev pickup(The car is now on the Ralley wheels from an '85 GM 1/2 ton) Maybe I'm wrong though.
            1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
            1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
            1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
            1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

Well, with the rust getting progressively worse...Ive shifted gears towards building a shop. Hope to have it done around mid february. Once thats done, she'll be torn down completely to fix all the rust. While shes torn down, the motor is gonna get a TON of work done to it.

If anyones interested:
              I THOUGHT this boat was fast...cause it sure SOUNDS fast. Took it to a certain road around here tonight...from a bridge to a sign, its a 1/4 mile. Used a stop watch since it was just me.

~21 seconds at ~83?mph
              0-60 of a asshole tightening ~13 seconds

Didnt spin off the line either... I expected the 300lbft of torque to make up for the measly 150hp. :/ oh well.

While shes in the shop, Im planning on getting aussie 302 heads, new timing chain from a pre 73 351M, new cam, and a really trick exhaust.

Comment

Looking forward to hearing more about this car.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

it weighs over 5,000 lbs, and probably has highway gearing......not gonna break any 1/4 mi records lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                    it weighs over 5,000 lbs, and probably has highway gearing......not gonna break any 1/4 mi records lol
                    I managed to get her on the scales at LKQ. Now, she wasnt EXACTLY in the middle, and there was a little bit of ice on the scale, but it showed up as 4300lbs. When two of my friends jumped on the scale, it shot up to 5300.

Your right about the gearing, 2.79s in the rear. Didnt think about the torque curve though. once it gets over 3500 it doesnt like making torque. w/e Ill get in touch with Tim over at TMI and see if we cant come up with something that wont rape my wallet too bad.

Comment

just FYI, if it's really 21 seconds AND 83mph, either your speedo is way off or the distant isn't really a 1/4 mile. 83mph indicates an ET about 5 seconds slower.

The good news is, that means your actual 1/4 mile time is lower.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I do have one size larger tire on there... 235/75-R15 as compared to the stock size of 225s.

Its roughly a 1/4 as well. I mapped it out in Google earth. So yeah....it might be a little off. Also, have you ever tried to drive and run a stopwatch at the same time? its a total bitch. lol.

I left for work the other day and it started bogging down real bad...so when I got to work, I turned in the screws a whole 1 1/4 turns and its a whole different car. My assumptions were correct, it was running overly rich.

I now have traction problems...lol.

Ill see what I can do about getting a vid this week, if I have any gas left in her. (Shes not a DD anymore so she gets rations)

Progress has stalled on the shop till payday. >.<

Comment

So you're going to do a rail up then? Let me know what you're going to do! Since we'll be in a simular boat
                          "Charleston" the 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS sedan

Comment

nah, no frame up restore. I dont have the money or space for that.

Comment

Oh, well what are you planning on doing then? I'm sorry for all the annoyance, just curious!
                              "Charleston" the 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS sedan

Comment

Its cool. your not annoying at all. I love people asking me about my LTD...it gets SO much more attention from everyone in town. When i drive my 85 cressida, Im like a nobody. lol.

Basically Im just gonna tear it apart, fix the rust, replace what suspension components need replacing, like bushings and what not. Paint it, new landau roof, and drive it on nice days.

Until I get my shop done its my Daily driver along with my cressida.

Comment

Working...
                                X