No announcement yet.

front cig liters dead... like so many other things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are they clocked though. Really makes no difference but I found it nice that the mustang one had everything in easy to reach locations.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

that part I don't know... but three bolts out and rotate to your preferred clock so it's not really an issue.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Hey guys gonna replace fuses today but my horn aint working either!!!!! What fuse position is the horn located??????

Thanks for all the great help!
        Check It Out!!!
        Lincoln Towncar 1984
        www.youtube.com/loudtowncar

Comment

What kind of amp do you have? It sounds like its maxed out or getting a bad voltage drop... what size power wire are you using? And why the hell is the sub in the back seat? lol
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Pioneer 600 watt rms 1200 max!!!! 4 gauge power wire. the sub is in the car because it is so cold i need to help it warm up plus sounds better!!!

im getting a new car soon but i was asking about the fuses i need to know where the fuse is located for 1. the horn 2. front cigarette lighter thanks
            Check It Out!!!
            Lincoln Towncar 1984

Comment

Originally posted by vitals_fading View Post
              Pioneer 600 watt rms 1200 max!!!! 4 gauge power wire. the sub is in the car because it is so cold i need to help it warm up plus sounds better!!!

im getting a new car soon but i was asking about the fuses i need to know where the fuse is located for 1. the horn 2. front cigarette lighter thanks
              Same position. They use the same fuse. Position 16 me thinks...

20amp

Dave said it earlier....

Might be a different position for the TownCar but it's a good place to start and it should still be a 20amp.
              Last edited by 86VickyLX; 01-10-2011, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Can you see the top of the broken lock pull up thingy on the back door when you look down into the hole?

You might get lucky and be able to move it to the hole with a nail or something, and have a friend hit the power lock, maybe get the back door to open.

Pete
                For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Referring to your video....
                  I think you need to invest in a 130amp alternator...that along with the big three would help tremendously. Cant really do the big 3 with a 2g alternator...assuming that is what your car has.
                  why wouldnt i be able too? i just went from 300 to 600 watts and i have a ton of 0 guage wire!!!!! the big three would help alot!!!!! if it is possible to do it do i have to still connect the black wire that runs of the negative battery terminal?
                  Check It Out!!!
                  Lincoln Towncar 1984

Comment

you need more power.

(in tim allens voice)
                    1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                    1994 MGM GS Montigua
                    2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

ill figure out which alt i have tomorrow even if its the stock wouldn't it help with the power flow?????

Matt
                      Check It Out!!!
                      Lincoln Towncar 1984

Comment

ill figure out which alt i have tomorrow even if its the stock wouldn't it help with the power flow?????

Matt
                        Check It Out!!!
                        Lincoln Towncar 1984

Comment

Working...
                        X