Clear All

same here. No access.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
      dino or blend. my 93 gets high mileage dino.
      I have had great luck with Castrol GTX high mileage in my 5.0. Might as well give it a go in the 4.6.
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Might get to take her home earlier than Wednesday. Gonna park it in the backyard and the first order of business will be to seal the windshield and get broken glass cleaned out.. I want to get it to a state where I can tinker with it as I feel without having to clean bits of glass out of parts first.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I'll take some pics after I get it home as well, just finished charging the digital cameras battery.

I'll take lots of pictures of the progress of this car until I get her back on the road. It won't be as interesting as andyfanshawe's wagon but it'll still be fun to work on.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
            Air-ride cars usually sit low after not being driven for a few days, particularly on the driver's side. Apparently the bags can be checked for leaks by spraying soapy water on them. Probably best to try this when it's not freakin' cold out!

"Very" old gas should be removed from the tank if possible...
            Spray with soapy water and watch for bubbles. Not knowing what this car has been through, I'd spray every part of the air system you can; never know what could've made a pinhole in a bag or line.

I'm not familiar with the panther air systems, but compressors should have an air filter. Most of the time, it's a washable foam filter, but make sure it's thoroughly dry before reinstalling. Don't need extra humidity in the system.

And air systems don't like cold weather, so it'll probably take some extra time to charge up everything to operating height.

sigpic
            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I ran Mobil 1 0w30 in my 97 from 42K till about 150k when I switched to dino 5w30. I sold it recently with close to 200. Also used slick 50 every 50k but opinions differ on that. No knocks or ticks.

Does the 95 have that irritating plastic intake manifold?

Nice score btw

Pete
              For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
              1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
              1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

No I believe the plastic bit on the intake was 96+. Now I need to look around to find out what 95s are notorious for. I think valve seals and burning oil but we shall see how this acts once I have it in my possession.

Might have her home today. I got nothing going on today so if the owner of the property gets back to me, I'll be able to get it home.

If so I'll get some videos of me obliterating the old (much too small - 205/50/16s vs stock 225/60/16) rubber and finding out whether or not it's a trac lok - It's windy as shit so there might not be much of a smoke show. Might rock some seafoam through a vac line as well, I don't imagine it's ever been driven too hard.
                Last edited by 1990LTD; 12-14-2010, 07:02 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
                  I ran Mobil 1 0w30 in my 97 from 42K till about 150k when I switched to dino 5w30. I sold it recently with close to 200. Also used slick 50 every 50k but opinions differ on that. No knocks or ticks.

Does the 95 have that irritating plastic intake manifold?

Nice score btw

Pete
                  I have just recently started using Slick 50 High Mileage every oil change. I know a couple former-mechanics at work who swear by it. So far, opinions I've heard have been positive about it.

sigpic
                  - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                    No I believe the plastic bit on the intake was 96+. Now I need to look around to find out what 95s are notorious for. I think valve seals and burning oil but we shall see how this acts once I have it in my possession.

Might have her home today. I got nothing going on today so if the owner of the property gets back to me, I'll be able to get it home.

If so I'll get some videos of me obliterating the old (much too small - 205/50/16s vs stock 225/60/16) rubber and finding out whether or not it's a trac lok - It's windy as shit so there might not be much of a smoke show. Might rock some seafoam through a vac line as well, I don't imagine it's ever been driven too hard.
                    Woo hoo! Hope it's a traclok!

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                    I have just recently started using Slick 50 High Mileage every oil change. I know a couple former-mechanics at work who swear by it. So far, opinions I've heard have been positive about it.
                    The argument against from what I've been told is a possible buildup narrowing passages within the engine. Again what I've been told is fleet operators don't use it for that reason. So I stuck to 50k treatments. It has worked for me.

[/offtopic]

Pete
                    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375

Comment

fuck rain
                      sigpic

Comment

found out it's an LX, too. don't know what difference that makes. guy wasn't home when i went just now. it has a digital dash and the hole in the windshield left the glass intact in such a way that it's funneling water down to the passenger seat/footwell, not towards the dash!

new facts about car i don't have yet: tape player..power seats, power locks, mirrors, digital dash, LX trim level

it can be an LX and a HPP? neat. money is burning a hole in my wallet.
                        Last edited by 1990LTD; 12-14-2010, 02:06 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Almost the best kind of hole :smirk:

Pete

Comment

wait......this means I have ATC I think.

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you're gonna have a hard time cleaning the interior out!
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

yeah I'm gonna go cover it over today. I don't care if I have it or not I'm taping something over the window.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X