No announcement yet.

1995 crown victoria hpp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flat tire seems to be holding air. waiting until a little later in the day to call him to go get it, he sleeps late i think. gettin the keys today though.

couldn't get any kind of tape to adhere to the damn cold car to cover the windshield. i'll just get it running and drive it the two straight blocks to my house on a back street. i don't even have a hose at home to clean the gunk on it (from sittin under a tree) as i usually just take my car to a pressure washer. more expenses!

this is definitely a budget project though

100 - car
    10 - some hose to wash it of tree jizz
    10 - tarp to cover the cinderblock hole
    266 - for a windshield installed (350 if they come to my house to install it) i haven't done this one yet but i have to before it's legal

i wanna keep track of this and see how little i can spend on this car. i caught myself looking at new mufflers on he magnaflow website last night - i don't think i want to do any performance upgrades besides quality tune up parts and nice tires. i will of course have to spend some money on the missing 4th HPP rim
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post

it can be an LX and a HPP? neat.
      HPP is not a model. LX is the model Think of HPP as a trim level.

Comment

cool. thanks.

where do i get a tachometer signal on this thing? i've never worked on a 4.6 and don't know what kind of ignition system i'm going to be dealing with.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

cool. thanks.

where do i get a tachometer signal on this thing? i've never worked on a 4.6 and don't know what kind of ignition system i'm going to be dealing with.
          For 1992-1995 tap into the tan/yellow stripe wire at terminal #2 of the EDIS module.
          http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/490655_1
          http://www.crownvic.net/drock96marquis/tach.htm

Comment

thanks man!

just tried getting her home...everything seems to work (digital dash, air spring compressor, power accessories) except it won't even attempt to turn over. can hear/feel the fuel pump and EEC relays clicking and all of the fuses are good. 11.75-12v at the battery with the car off.

my first guess if it were my car would be starter solenoid but that means replacing the whole starter on an aero doesn't it? this is my first adventure into 4.6 land so please be kind

anyway, the keys are in my hand and i'm gonna have it towed down here if i can find someone to come out today.

does anyone have a list of aero door jamb axle codes?
            Last edited by 1990LTD; 12-18-2010, 02:01 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

my first guess if it were my car would be starter solenoid but that means replacing the whole starter on an aero doesn't it? this is my first adventure into 4.6 land so please be kind
              does anyone have a list of aero door jamb axle codes?
              Just post your code.
              The starter not turning over could be a bad connection, a corroded cable, a bad relay, a faulty starter, etc.....

Comment

I don't have the car here but I think the code is 5. I'm not sure when they switched up the rear end id codes but if this car uses the codes in GoodSamaritans signature, it's an open 3.27. I checked the code in passing when we were trying to get it to turn over so I don't know if I'm remembering it correctly.
                sigpic

Comment

Just ran back up the road to check and grab a few pics. The code is indeed 5 under 'AX'

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

this is just as it sits, btw, i haven't taken it home or even attempted to clean anything. once i get it back here i'm going to tarp the hole in the windshield and pick at it whenever I can.

anyone know what kind of CCA this car needs to start? i'll need a new battery since the one we were using is out of my buddys 79 town car and he needs it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Could check autozones website and see what they offer for that model...I do that for my car...comes in useful sometimes.

I see some kids gave you custom pin-stripping on the hood.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

you like those? i call 'em my swirly irregular pinstripes
                          sigpic

Comment

oh yeah; it's got a block heater. i can't wait to get this thing on the road.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah they looks good. Almost like a flame job lol. I know it does not effect driveability but they may be able to come out with some finesse.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Being in Canadia I'd just go with the big 65 group battery they come with... I can't imagine any vehicle likes to start in that cold!!!

And so whats the story behind the cinder block??
                                Last edited by 85crownHPP; 12-18-2010, 05:48 PM.
                                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                                sigpic
                                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                                X