No announcement yet.

Ford man's 1976 Gran Torino Brougham Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

belive it or not, the dash electronics are the most expensive. the dash and electronics are the next step. we already got the bumper, scanner, seats and rear light black out installed. the proper wheels are another hard to find, price gouged thing. only thing that sucks, is that its not a t-top. but, finding a '83 T/A is hard enough. i will be able to get pics in the spring but, i think there is a vid of the small knight rider meet kicking around.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

That's friggin awesome!!! You sir, have skilz.

I didn't think the Dynamax Hemis would be that loud. Though perhaps it's the engine. Regardless, it doesn't inspire much hope with my Dynamax setup.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
        That's friggin awesome!!! You sir, have skilz.

I didn't think the Dynamax Hemis would be that loud. Though perhaps it's the engine. Regardless, it doesn't inspire much hope with my Dynamax setup.

Packman
        Thanks Packman! I appreciate it.

The car should look better still once I'm done because in the video the white is wetsanded with 1500 grit and needs to be polished out. Same thing with the trunk. And the red will look better after more coats.

My Dynomax Hemis are 2 1/2" with no cats. The sound is rumbly but mellow and it's quiet on the freeway.

Comment

Ok so I finished my last coats of red. I did 8 coats total. And 9 coats of white before the red. The white is color sanded but not buffed with 1500. Haven't touched the red yet but I plan to color sand and buff it after it's had a chance to dry for a while. I'm really happy with the results and glad to be done painting.

Comment

nice work mang! for the price, its very much worth the time.

Comment

Did you need a console and floor shifter, mang?
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                Did you need a console and floor shifter, mang?
                That would be cool to have but expensive cause I would have to get new seats too. What are you asking anyhow?

Comment

Looks really good, especially for hand painted! Great job!
                  -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                  -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                    nice work mang! for the price, its very much worth the time.
                    Thanks mang! Appreciate that.

Comment

Wow...Nice work!!
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by ford man View Post
                        That would be cool to have but expensive cause I would have to get new seats too. What are you asking anyhow?
                        Gimmie 100 bucks shipped to your door. PM me.
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Wow, what a fantastic job! Just comparing the before and after shots is awesome.

The car looks so clean and smooth compared to the 70's cluttered look most cars had.

Our scrapyards in the UK are full of rubbish compared to this! One day I'm just going to fly to the states and have 2 weeks of trawling junkyards!!!

Nice job man - seriously impressive. Love the vids. What does your Wife/kids think of it all?

This thread is like a book you can't put down - never want it to end.

Andy.
                          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post
                            Wow, what a fantastic job! Just comparing the before and after shots is awesome.

The car looks so clean and smooth compared to the 70's cluttered look most cars had.

Our scrapyards in the UK are full of rubbish compared to this! One day I'm just going to fly to the states and have 2 weeks of trawling junkyards!!!

Nice job man - seriously impressive. Love the vids. What does your Wife/kids think of it all?

This thread is like a book you can't put down - never want it to end.

Andy.
                            Thanks! I appreciate the kind words, especially since I've been following your wagon thread and like to admire your work!

Looking back now I wish I took more before pictures... My girlfriend wants me to finish already ha ha... you know the drill. She also want's me to switch to black or white interior instead of the brown but she's not paying for it so...

If you're on YouTube feel free to join my page: bigggmustang73

Isaiah

My most recent video:

Comment

Don't forget to get one of thees for the cruise night.

http://www.publicsafetyspecialties.c...roducts_id=179

For some reason I can't get the pic to post.
                              1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

the red light is a MUST! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X