No announcement yet.

Double din or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with the aero and early whale dash, its not a true double din. So, the 2-din head units fit weird. This is why I don't think I will ever go with the 2-din. Also, I don't think the whale dashes are the same.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Yeah that's true most I have seen do fit a little weird. I wouldn't mind going single din, in fact I'm really liking the Pioneer 8400BH but I cant get a good picture of the dash kit, I cant tell if the pocket is tapered or not. Did you use a dash kit with a pocket on your 97?

This is the one Crutchfield will throw in for free if i get said pioneer unit
      http://www.crutchfield.com/p_003FMK5...eiver-Kit.html
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

I did use a dash kit with my pioneer 9400BH. Need to make a small cut here and there in the radio area because, the new head unit and USB cable is longer than the original. If your not plugging in a USB cable in the back of the new deck, you should not have any issues.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
        X