Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a/c blower motor only works on high??!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New vacuum cans come quite cheap from the grocery store. I relocated mine to under the dash so I don't have to see it. Empty clean and paint!
    sigpic
    89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
    13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
    "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

The ATC system has a controller hooked to the vent door position. If you lose vacuum the door position changes and drops the blower speed. The check valve on the firewall is usually to blame. Or the soup can has a hole in it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

And I use those plastic vacuum balls that run about a tenner.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
          My '86 ATC has a resistor!....I replaced it and the blower motor on my quest to find out why high speed drops out then comes back on, I believe it is the vac can supply that is F-ed up, have not been able to find a new can as of yet.
          boxes have resistors. Round cars have a blower speed control module. I'd actually like to figure out a way to integrate one of those so I had fully variable fan speed vs 3, but I've been lazy.

If you set it to auto, the fan speed will change as the car warms up. Its normal for it to go from high to medium as needed. If its not set to auto, then the vacuum supply has nothing to do with it. Auto only refers to fan speed, you can't make the temperature control non-automatic.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X