fuel economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
    right now my 1983 GM CFI gets 12MPG in the city and about 21 on the hwy.
    thats what im getting in my truck, she needs a tune up bad.
    1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
    1994 MGM GS Montigua
    2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Clogged EGR passages?
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I have seen a lot about that but that seemed to be more of an issue on the 97 and older from what I've read. Im not getting any trouble codes at all and she seems to run really smooth with no ping or hesitation and I would hate to do all that work and buy new gaskets to find out its clear. I will jack it up today and see maybe if one of the wheels is dragging maybe? As for the seafoam it cleared up after about 5-6 minutes . It left some nasty stuff on the concrete in my driveway and that was just while I was putting it in. I took it for a ride right after and smoked up the neighbor hood.

Comment

how is your top-end/high rpm power? you could have a clogged cat.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
          X