Paint options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint options

I'm planning on getting the vic painted sometime in the spring. The current color is the original French Vanilla Metallic. I would like to go to more of a gold color. Anyone know of a color that has a gold hue that is readily available. Planning on just a MAACO job (yeah i know). GM, Ford, or other?

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
    Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
    Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
    NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

try Harvest Gold maybe, or Jubilee Gold. Both are Lincoln colors.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Light Titanium (Grey) looks good on boxes.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

black with gold pearl accents would look nice
        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I'd consider picking a solid color and using a roller. I love the idea of a $50 paintjob.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

or light pewter met. that is what GMGT is painted. origonal 81 mercury color

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Not wanting to do a drastic color change, since nothing is being removed. Just going to be a mask and spray deal.

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
              Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
              Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
              NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Comment

"Nothing being removed", meaning .... ?

Comment

Do it once and do it right. Take a day to remove all of the trim...seriously...you wont regret it. Paint will look 1 million times better if you do...trust me. Then let the paint dry for a good week and reinstall everything. It is a pita to remove the stuff but this way you are ensured that you wont have all the paint peeling from all the tape lines all around the car. Because it will peel. There is like a thousand pieces of trim and there is no way in hell the car will be prepped properly with all of it still installed. Nothing devalues a car more than a shitty new paint job. I see it all the time..someone selling a car advertising new paint...I go check it out and yeah it is new paint but SHITTY new paint at that...just making a crap load of more work for myself or any other person if they decide to buy this neglected car. Paint makes or breaks a car imho. Nothing shows more hackmanship that painting over keyholes and masking around every square inch of trim. Take a quick look at where the mirror sits in relation to the dew wipe trim...how in the hell will paint get up in between there??? Think about it. I am not saying don't take it to maaco...but am saying don't take it to maaco fully trimmed.

As far as paint color...how about the stock color with some gold flake to it? I dig your color, maybe some shiny stuff in it will suit your fancy.
                  Last edited by 87gtVIC; 01-20-2011, 07:12 AM.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    Do it once and do it right. Take a day to remove all of the trim...seriously...you wont regret it. Paint will look 1 million times better if you do...trust me. Then let the paint dry for a good week and reinstall everything. It is a pita to remove the stuff but this way you are ensured that you wont have all the paint peeling from all the tape lines all around the car. Because it will peel. There is like a thousand pieces of trim and there is no way in hell the car will be prepped properly with all of it still installed. Nothing devalues a car more than a shitty new paint job. I see it all the time..someone selling a car advertising new paint...I go check it out and yeah it is new paint but SHITTY new paint at that...just making a crap load of more work for myself or any other person if they decide to buy this neglected car. Paint makes or breaks a car imho. Nothing shows more hackmanship that painting over keyholes and masking around every square inch of trim. Take a quick look at where the mirror sits in relation to the dew wipe trim...how in the hell will paint get up in between there??? Think about it. I am not saying don't take it to maaco...but am saying don't take it to maaco fully trimmed.

As far as paint color...how about the stock color with some gold flake to it? I dig your color, maybe some shiny stuff in it will suit your fancy.
                    Couldn't agree more with both parts.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I can see the nicest car ever but if it has a bad paintjob its always a piece of shit to me. My buddy has a 96 impala ss and it was in real good shape just the previous owner painted a silver stripe the middle so he got an $800 paintjob sprayed all over the tips and everything, looks like orange peel texture. Ruined it more then a gay stripe thats for sure..
                      79 Grand Marquis

Comment

.... which is precisely why it seems smarter to me to take the time to remove the trim and make sure everything's straight and rust-free, and do cheap DIY paint, than to pay several hundred bucks to have it turn out badly.

Comment

Rustoleum and foam rollers ftw!

Comment

Working...
                          X