Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripminders in Aeros?

Sorry about the huge resolution

At least I think this would work for at least early Aeros.

This is a snapshot of a 1992 Crown Vic Touring Sedan, the thing that stood out the most to me was the digital clock in the middle of the pic. As you can see, it's one that's found in boxes as an option from the beginning to 1989.

Now my thought to this is like so. If the clock from the earlier cars could be fitted into the aeros, why not the tripminder, since the clocks are interchangeable.

I will do some more research next time I go to the junkyard. I will update this thread as I find out more...
    Last edited by 86VickyLX; 01-22-2011, 08:59 PM. Reason: Picture Resolution Apology

holy big F'n pic batman! lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

P75 ftmfw!

Last edited by rick99601; 01-22-2011, 09:17 PM.
      1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
      1994 MGM GS Montigua
      2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Ya, my 92 has the same clock as well. I don't think an aero ever came with a tripminder though.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Damn, I didn't know older aeros had box clocks... if they use similar VSS and 'fuel flow' circuits it could be done.
          Last edited by 85crownHPP; 01-23-2011, 12:05 AM.
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

my grand marquis dont have one

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Grand Marquis Dashes were slightly different. Towards the mid '90s the dashes were pretty much identical.

Comment

Cool idea.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

This must've been an early aero vic thing, since my mom's '94 has a different clock.

Comment

I think it was just a 92 crossover type thing. Some have them and some don't. My 93 does not have one.

-ryan s.
                    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                    Originally posted by pantera77
                    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                      I think it was just a 92 crossover type thing. Some have them and some don't. My 93 does not have one.

-ryan s.
                      The crown vic aeros have that panel. At least up to 95 I believe. So it could be done for sure on the vics. Not too sure about the Grand Marquis, since I don't have one to putz with except for this 92 that has all kinds of weirdness.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                        The crown vic aeros have that panel. At least up to 95 I believe. So it could be done for sure on the vics. Not too sure about the Grand Marquis, since I don't have one to putz with except for this 92 that has all kinds of weirdness.
                        you mean all kinds of coolness?

and the last MGMs those clocks fit in are the '89s. for sure.
                        1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                        1994 MGM GS Montigua
                        2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

/misses day he bought his 92
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I need to pull apart some 92 Vic dashes and see if that clock is swappable through the later vics, since that is basically identical to my mom's 94. And see if it has the same mounting brackets as the earlier digital clocks, if so, a tripminder can be fit in there easily enough.

Comment

my 93 has the panel... you'd have to hack it up a bit to stick a trip minder in there since it has that 1x3 inch clock mounted to the back of the panel and it's all molded and stuff. Doesn't have the nice square cutout like that 92.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                              X