No announcement yet.

Tripminders in Aeros?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking, of swapping the trim panel from a '92 to the '94, since They're all the same, they're all black, so no worries that way.

Comment

in that case... party on!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
        in that case... party on!
        This will be a trial in the junkyard, I will pull a 92 vic apart, and then a later one. Gotta make sure it'll work first, before I attempt messing with my mom's Vic. She'd kill me if I fucked with it and nothing worked out.

Has anyone pulled apart these dashes around the clock? What is needed to disassemble it without breaking anything?

Comment

pull the middle trim off and remove half a dozen bolts and the 2 screws on the underside of the cluster hood. It's all one piece from the headlamp switch to the passenger vent IIRC.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Cluster hood? You mean the thing under the steering wheel?

Comment

think of a cap brim. the shade maker over the cluster... there's 2 screws up in there.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                think of a cap brim. the shade maker over the cluster... there's 2 screws up in there.
                OH. That! Ok. Thank you!

Comment

Aeros had digital dash available with the message center. Wouldn't it be easier (and more stock appearing) to swap one of those in? The speedos are already electronic in them anyway right? Obviously finding a dig dash equipped car in the yard to pull the harness from would help.

2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                  2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                  Past Panthers
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                  if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                    Aeros had digital dash available with the message center. Wouldn't it be easier (and more stock appearing) to swap one of those in? The speedos are already electronic in them anyway right? Obviously finding a dig dash equipped car in the yard to pull the harness from would help.

:lol:
                    While it would be a cooler thing to do...
                    Have you ever seen the wiring behind one of those digital message center dashes? It's fucking insane.

Comment

Haven't had the pleasure... I am sure its worse than the boxes which aren't much fun either.

I know I was speaking to someone on here about converting a box TC to digital and they said it was a lot of work.
                      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                      Past Panthers
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                        Haven't had the pleasure... I am sure its worse than the boxes which aren't much fun either.

I know I was speaking to someone on here about converting a box TC to digital and they said it was a lot of work.
                        and all the extra sensors youd need to install..
                        1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                        1994 MGM GS Montigua
                        2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

sensors not so bad, wiring, SO MANY!!!

Comment

Alrighty, it looks like it is possible. The clock bezels are the same between the '92 and the '94 dash, possibly the '95 as well. The newest panther I have here to monkey with is the '94.
                            I just have to check to see if there is a fuel flow wire. If there is, the '94 is getting a tripminder!

Comment

Pin number 34 holds the fuel flow wire. I think that's the same as the box computers as well.

Comment

if you find a working stock digital clock for a 93... lemme know. My 93 needs one.

Comment

Working...
                                X