No announcement yet.

Tripminders in Aeros?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I get the tripminder you can have the one out of the '94. Make an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      Alrighty, it looks like it is possible. The clock bezels are the same between the '92 and the '94 dash, possibly the '95 as well. The newest panther I have here to monkey with is the '94.
      I just have to check to see if there is a fuel flow wire. If there is, the '94 is getting a tripminder!
      duhh, i couldve told you that just by eyeballin it.

lol
      1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
      1994 MGM GS Montigua
      2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

sorry for 1/2 off - is trip reminder wiring in box is the same as clock wiring or i need a new wiring and control module for trip reminder install?
        '85 Colony Park LS

Comment

Originally posted by game over View Post
          sorry for 1/2 off - is trip reminder wiring in box is the same as clock wiring or i need a new wiring and control module for trip reminder install?
          That's prefectly alright. The tripminder plugs into the clock's harness, and also to a harness that's to the left of the steering wheel for vehicle speed sensor wiring and fuel flow. That harness should be there if you have cruise control!!!

If you don't have the fuel flow wire, of the cruise control wiring, you'll have to add it in. The fuel flow wire is a blue/purple wire, you'll need to get it from under the hood, if it's not a pigtail coming out of the engine harness, you will have to add the pin to the computer connector. Pin #34.

I'll ask this before I go on, do you have cruise control?

Comment

yes, my car has it
            '85 Colony Park LS

Comment

and where can i find the harness for tripminder installation?
              '85 Colony Park LS

Comment

With a car that has a tripminder. Somebody on here may have the harness you need to plug one in.

You'll also need the tripminder unit as well of course. They frequently come up on here. So make a thread in the like to buy forum and you'll probably get some answers mang.

You'll need to make sure that the harness for the speed control also has the wire for fuel flow. As I said before, if not you'll have to run a wire to there.

Comment

ok, thank you. first of all i'll try to get it from very rusty crown victoria in russia. i know one car with tripminder here.
                  you say that speed sensor wiring is on the left of the steering wheel, but in which place on the dash it is located?
                  '85 Colony Park LS

Comment

Look near the parking brake, up under the dash. You should see two connectors with black, green, and blue wires. That end of the wiring splices into the existing wiring for cars with factory cruise like a splice so you wind up unplugging two connectors on the end of the tripminder wiring.

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

good. thank you
                      '85 Colony Park LS

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
                        duhh, i couldve told you that just by eyeballin it.

lol
                        Well At first glance, it would appear that way. But in actuality, it is a 1992 specific trim piece, as I found earlier today. The clock bolts to the trim piece by means of 3 screws. Instead of bolting to the actual dash. This is also true for the '93 and up clock, however, it's just a clock. And is much smaller. only 2 bolts hold it on. The mounting brackets for the aero vic older style clock is different than that of one found in a box. Or for that matter a fox body. So the brackets needed to be swapped. I managed to swap the brackets over, and have created a one of a kind Tripminder, that will only bolt in '92 Crown Vics, or any aero crown vic that shares the same trim piece. So with that being said, all I need is the correct color trim piece, the vss wires, the fuel flow wire, (and a dimmer wire), and I'll have an aero with a tripminder. Pics will be taken as I continue on. The customization of this tripminder was a 'of the moment' kind of thing. But it actually turned out nice.

Comment

Well, holy thread resurrection Batmang! Well I found a 92 specific dash panel. I installed my tripminder with the 92 specific bracketry. Spliced the wires in the cars harness. And now it is fully operational and looks like it belongs. I will have pics later. I need a tan interior piece, the gray one from the touring sedan is just poorly matched. I have yet to hook up the fuel flow wire but the odometer function works well. I gotta get motivated to disassemble the computer harness plug.

Comment

LOVE to see as many photos as possible! Mine FINALLY works ('87 GM) with much help from John. MANY THANKS!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                              LOVE to see as many photos as possible! Mine FINALLY works ('87 GM) with much help from John. MANY THANKS!!
                              I'm very glad yours is working! And I do intend to take some pictures!

Comment

woot!

the original clock going to find it's way into my Vic? (at least the glove box so I can put it in later?)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X