No announcement yet.

Forum software updated to VBulletin 4.1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hm, shit. that must have happened when I removed and re-installed the portal software. now to remember where those files actually were
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I like the 404 page

works right nicely now though. had to change the bookmark I had cause it was lacking the WWW up front and it was the full address to the index page. that no worky now. quick edit and all's better

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

it should re-direct any non-www links to www. In theory anyway.

That 404 page I put up ages ago. I got tired of the logs being choked with lines about not finding a 404 page. For one wrong URL, it would churn out a half dozen odd lines in the log.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
          The PoTM and past PoTM winner links are missing from the site navigation box on the portal page.
          should be fixed now

Comment

Out of curiosity....I always have problems with this website at around 5am. Do things go through an update or something at that time?
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

the database backs up at 5 am. i think at some point i had gone through the logs and determined that was about the lowest usage time. you should be in bed at 5 am anyway.

actually i just went back and looked, stats program still shows lowest usage from 5-6 am.

Comment

The day starts at 5am.

Poor me...just wanted to ask about it since I am always given a hassle during that time period.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I can move it to 6, its damn near the same level of non-usage. 5-6 am was just slightly lower though. I might go through that backup script and review it to make sure its not hogging up too much processor power. I can cut the priority down so it doesn't slow things up as much, but it will take longer to finish.

Comment

I may be fucking things up for some people during that time then despite the low traffic. Don't worry about it Thain. Was just something I was curious about.
                    ~David~

Comment

well, mostly I'm concerned about hogging a bunch of processor time because if the hosting company gets annoyed with us, they can pull the plug. If things are noticeably slow when the site is backing up, that tells me I need to make some tweaks. It should be transparent.

Comment

I guess it is good I mentioned it then. Just for a couple minutes around 5am it becomes difficult to post...This morning I actually responded to that police car thread three times and nothing got through and I just said the hell with it all. Everything is just slower for those couple of minutes.
                        ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          The day starts at 5am.
                          Ahhhh.... so thats how you get so much shit done

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                          1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Here's a question ... used to be there was an option to have any pictures be automatically shrunk if they were bigger than a certain size (which I remember being user-determined). Don't see any such option now. Is there?
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              should be fixed now

Yep, it's fine now.
                              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                                Here's a question ... used to be there was an option to have any pictures be automatically shrunk if they were bigger than a certain size (which I remember being user-determined). Don't see any such option now. Is there?
                                That plugin wasn't compatible with vb4. I forget what the name of it is so I can re-install it. I kinda miss that one actually. When I get some time I'll see if I can find a comparable addon.

Comment

Working...
                                X