Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wrecked my wife's nissan and ended up here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wrecked my wife's nissan and ended up here.

well about a week ago i wrecked my wife's 2003 nissan altima and totaled it. so i took the search to craigslist to find a replacement. we are avid dave ramsey fans(financial guy on talk radio. pay cash for cars, dont get credit cards, ext...). so we had about 15,000 in the bank but really didn't feel like wasting all that on a car. we thought we would try out the decommissioned crown vics(2000+ years) so we put crown vic in the search title and away we went. we see this 1990 crown vic for sale. we saw the picture and laughed a little. but we started reading. the car was single owner, 89 yr old man. 67,000 miles on it. "perfect" interior. "perfect" body and paint. so we took the two kids for a 3 hr drive to look at the thing. it wasn't love at first sight, it needed to be washed. but once i got in that thing and drove it home i knew i had found my car(and my wife's, if she reads this and i just refer to it as my car she might make me sleep on the couch). i will post pictures soon. i want to wait till my wheels are put on and a modest tint job as well. but i never knew before now that there were club devoted to these wonderful pieces of history still driving the road in all there past and present glory. thanks-

Welcome. Glad you found a car you like. I think many of us had that sort of feeling when we ended up with our various vehicles. I bought mine for 100 bucks as a beater while I saved money to replace the transmission in my truck. By the time I'd been behind the wheel about 15 minutes, it was all over with. For whatever bizzare reason I found that I really enjoyed driving the thing, and its been all downhill from there Truthfully I never imagined myself driving a mid-80s Lincoln. My first two cars were VW Beetles, then I had two small trucks, and then this massive Towncar.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Welcome! An old, babied CV will probably serve you better than a CVPI. Best of luck with your '90
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome man.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You have no idea how lucky you are if your wife is willing to drive a box Vic. My #1 least favorite thing about our car situation is that it's either take the Cavalier, or else I do ALL the driving.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Bwuuuuhahaha. The box snags another unsuspecting victim.

Congrats.

Pete
            Originally posted by gadget73
            For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
            1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
            1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

welcome! treat that baby right and it'll be more reliable than just about any new car. Just expect that, to start with, there'll be some "catch up" maintanance to do just from it being old and/or having sat.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Welcome and enjoy the new ride!

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
                Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
                Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
                NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Comment

It only takes one drive to get hooked.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
                  X