Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - $1900 (Flushing) Thought???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - $1900 (Flushing) Thought???

Thoughts? Really thinking about purchasing it. I desperately need a daily driver.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/2200481556.html
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Looks nice and it sounds like they took care of it. You can probably get it for less though since it has kinda high miles. Also, I think that is the first year they started using the plastic intake manifolds, so make sure that has been changed.

I love the 95 I purchased a few months ago for a winter beater. My 95 has 170,000 on it and still gets 24mpg.

Comment

Being as its from Queens, you'd want to see if its all covered with door dents. Expect lots of wear from stop/go driving. Fair price if its in good shape tho.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

How long can these 4.6's go? Mileage is not much of a concern if it will still last me a good while with regular maintenance that I would preform.

My father is a mechanic so I can get things fixed for just parts cost, so if some parts are worn it is no big deal...just some leverage to lower the price.

Condition is not much of a concern. Yes..I dont want a beat up cratered metal paneled heap of a car but door dings wouldnt bother me much as I would be using it as dd and it would likely happen to me as well. I guess more leverage...

The car is white which is great for a daily driver imho.

The pictures do make it look nice which is a plus. I am already thinking about putting the HPP's on my car and installing the bullitts on the Marquis. lol

Right now I am without a car. No way can I drive my car in the winter...and soon I will need a car for a dd and this is roomy..gets decent gas mileage..shouldn't be expensive to insure and it may actually be something I enjoy. BUT I cannot..CANNOT mod the car. The only thing I would allow myself to put into it would be gas when she is empty.

I'll think about giving the owner a call during the week if I feel up to it. I'd need my dad to come with though as he is the 'expert'/driver.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

looks like a good car. id try and knock em down to at least 1500 due to miles. but, them 4.6L engines can go a long way if they are well maitained. and since you like to take care and put your heart into your stuff, i dont think you will have any issues.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Maintain them, and they'll last.

Don't worry about modding the 4.6, you'll go bankrupt before you can do anything worthwhile to it.

Comment

I would say that a test-drive is in order
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Does 96 have that stupid plastic intake, or did that start in 97? if its the plastic one and it hasn't been updated to have the aluminum coolant crossover then you might need to be concerned about that, but otherwise they're good motors. Make sure it doesn't huff blue smoke at idle tho. Some of the earlier 4.6 motors had valve seal problems, but they got fixed sometime around 96-97. Not sure when exactly.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

No idea on the intake specs of that year but I would suspect if it did have it originally...now after 200,000 miles it would have been changed because of failure. Havent called yet because..well I have no ride to check it out..but my dad has noticed that car was or is out of state. That aint no new york plate on it....
                  ~David~

Comment

Its a HPP!!!
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Does digital instrument mean digital dash? Did they come with digital dash? I am not familiar at all with the aero models.
                      ~David~

Comment

yep, they did so. would be a giant step into the 90s lol

Comment

oh man. I am all giddy. The 96 TC SS I was looking into had digital dash too and that was way cool. Probably call tomorrow and get the low down on the car and schedule a meeting.
                          ~David~

Comment

even the intakes with the aluminum crossovers fail. ive seen it

thats why theres an hps hardball'r intake on my mustang.

its casted with virgin '309' aluminum alloy with an access plate for P&P.

and its sexy.

http://www.hiperformancesolutions.com/index2.html
                            Last edited by rick99601; 02-07-2011, 08:27 PM.
                            1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                            1994 MGM GS Montigua
                            2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

you know rick will want a full report by the hour right? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X