Shoutbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoutbox?

On the MM.net forum, we used to have a shoutbox on the mainpage. It's like a small chat box were you could just say hi and stuff. That had some software issues or something.
    But what I'm suggesting is a stickied thread in the OTB where you can just say something. Instead of having 6,000 posts about absolutely retarded stuff that gets one reply.
    Example: "Woot! Just paid off the Marauder!!"
    Example: "Work sucked today. Blarg"
    Example: "All hail Hypnotoad"

Stuff like that.
    Comments?

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

I'll do it!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I like the idea...it is like you are just blurbing out whatever is on the top of you head/mind.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

installed the real gig up top, it appears on the forum main page only.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I can't see it after I log in... doesn't matter which skin I use. I am also never able to view the front page as a logged in user (but I couldn't do this before the upgrade either)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

only thing I can suggest trying is logging out, clearing all your cookies, and trying again.

Or I could pull out that wonderful tech support line: it should be working.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

da! i vish to be speakingz to ze support of techz! vy notz want to verk?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

cleared all cookies... tried both skins... no use. Can't see it when I'm logged in.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

same deal for me
                  1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                  1994 MGM GS Montigua
                  2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                  2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

vy no verks for jyous? ze shouts box verks ze vonderbar!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I can't see it once I'm logged in either. I had some shouting to do as well...

Comment

Curious. Vere is ze Shoutingboxez suppozed ta been? I not seez it on /vb/, nor /vb/cmps_index.php (dat iz vere www.grandmarq.net/ redirection to, at least when loggedez innez).
                        Last edited by 1987cp; 02-17-2011, 11:34 PM.
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

enough with the lolcats speak.

It should load here:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/index.php

it does not work at any other location.

if it doesn't, I don't really know what to tell you other than try to refresh the page. It worked here without me doing anything other than refreshing the page as soon as it was installed.

Comment

:nonono:

What's it look like? It's basically a box near the top of the page with text and a textbox next to it, right?

I did try clearing the cache, which used to make plain HTML changes show up when the browser resisted loading them. I'll try again after signing out and clearing everything.
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I see no box in which to shout in.
                              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Working...
                              X