No announcement yet.

Shoutbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to have something to do with usergroup permissions. People in the veteran group don't seem to have it displayed for whatever reason, and I can't figure out why. I did get some strange permission error in the middle of installation, perhaps thats it. Might have to ring up Tom and get him to re-run the installer script since he's the forum owner. He has a few permissions in the system that regular admins do not.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Can't see it unless I log out either, and I believe I'm a veteran user.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

If that's all it is, why not stick us all in the rookie group or whatever it is that has permission?
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

im a vet(i think) and iv not had any issues.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Maybe you were misfiled?

Comment

wouldent doubt it

Comment

What exactly classifies a "veteran" user?

sigpic
                - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

you get around with the assistance of a walker or power scooter

Comment

Just a usergroup members are placed within consisting of various permissions and such. Nothing as exciting as zipping around on a power scooter.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I dont think there are any differences, it just has to do with how many posts you have.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I used Windows 7 with IE, Chrome, and Firefox. No dice. I also checked with Mac with the same browsers and also nothing. If more than a couple users are complaining, then its on the server's end. Just sayin. I really want this new feature to work.
                        2004 Ford Crown Victoria P71 (Frost-Bite)

sigpic

2007 Chevy HHR

Comment

In my USER CP settings the "shoutbox" option has a little lock symbol next to it. I assume that is why I can't see the shoutbox.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GMN.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1264324
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

problem is I don't know how to fix that. I think I don't have the magic permissions. If Imperious Leader would stay out of bed past 7 pm maybe I could get him to help a brotha out.

Comment

OK, thanks Hopefully it can be corrected.
                              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                              Past Panthers
                              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Oooh, interesting. I've got the lock thing by "Shoutbox" as well.

Speaking of that list of things to modify, what does the lock by "My Account" mean? Just that key account settings like username or deleting an account have to be done by a mod or admin?

Comment

Working...
                                X