Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After careful consideration... I've decided..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tyler_hubbard2003 View Post
    I don't look at the other ones the same though. I always go for the worst cars... I don't know why.
    :smirk:

I'll leave that alone.

I'd also suggest finding a rust free car. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Garbage in... garbage out.

Wouldn't you really rather have a solid car than a piece together?

Having a sentimental attachment because you've looked at it for 6 years doesn't mean anything. In the end, starting with a good car will yield better, more enjoyable results.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

this is true, I mean I'm really just wanting the green interior.. I know some aero town cars have them, I'll try to find one of those maybe. Or just go crazy on my car. Probably the second one :p Thanks for all the input guys. If I end up flipping out again and just buying then, you can all shoot me whenever I can make it to scottfest
      "Charleston" the 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS sedan

Comment

Good advice here. Like others have suggested, unless you have bodywork skills/equipment at your disposal, know someone who does, or have a fuckton of money to pay a restoration shop, I would stay away from that piece. Personally, I won't even accept a car into my collection, if it's not at least 80% rust-free on the Body/Frame, if it has ever been in a major collision, or had fire damage in the engine bay. Everyone has different standard of whats "acceptable" though.

Comment

Yeah, I try to abide by little to no rust, but I see a car and i see it wasting away and I just want to save it.. That's how I roll. I just try to go for those cars that no one seems to want. I'm a weirdo haha

Comment

More effort should be put in to preserving the good ones, than saving the bad ones.

Comment

You're getting some real good advice here, and you should listen to it!!!

Don't touch that car, it's a rusty money pit and gas hog!!!

Six months from now you'll regret buying that car at any price, those things are easy to find in excellent condition!!!

I've been there, done that and got the T-shirt!!!

Good Luck!

Comment

I know, but... but.. *looks down* Well I at least wanna go look at it. And say good bye. lol

Comment

But!! what if.. just what if, the frame and and body.. minus the vinyl top is okay.. By okay.. I mean solid none the less?

Comment

listen, if you dont stop driving the mgm now (creating memories) its gonna cost you money. because youll want to keep it.

if shes worth it to you, then go for it.

obviously id keep the mgm anddd get the lincoln. everything is fixable, with enough patience and coin. just depends if its worth it to you...
                    1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                    1994 MGM GS Montigua
                    2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

I agree with the excellent advice given here. The barges are out there for little money.

That said, you're not the first guy to fall in love with an old wornout hooker with issues lol. In the end it's your time and money. Reminds me of a tag line on one of my audio sites, have fun, and buy what moves you.

Pete
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

An 18 yr old with an old hooker that is worn out. LOL good visual
                        sigpic
                        2009 GM, 45,000 miles
                        ADDCO Sway Bars, METCO Control arms & Watts link, KYB CVPI shocks, 3.27 Track Lock, GT500 wheels, Eagle F1 Supercar tires, Walker dual exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, ADTR ported upper manifold, Stillen Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Hypertech Programmer, 93 tune.

Comment

Lmfao.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                          2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Taylor, I hope that isn't offensive to you. Sometimes I forget I'm not standing around with friends, my sense of humor gets the best of me

Pete
                            For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                            1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375

Comment

*cough* its tyler mang *cough*

hahaha

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                              2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Pete

Comment

Working...
                                X