Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After careful consideration... I've decided..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
    1994 MGM GS Montigua
    2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Hahah you guys! Old worn out hooker! LMAO! and Taylor? Hahah my name is in my user name! :p but a worn out old hooker now, but when I'm through with her she'll be a sexy ass call girl I think I'll probably keep my Marquis, I mean I love Charleston too, but the Continental is just more interesting.. plus has FACTORY gauges that will actually inform me of what's going on under that estate sized hood I have a little while to decide. I mean.. shh don't tell or anything, but I'm going to use my financial aid for college to buy it XD
      "Charleston" the 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS sedan

Comment

Originally posted by tyler_hubbard2003 View Post
        I want it! I mean it would be a very big, fun toy :p But I'd love to see the pics! I need to prepare myself. DId you have rust go all the way through?
        Ill get them up when I come home for dinner. ~5pm. Yes I had rust go all the way through. You can put your hand in the trunk without opening the truck. :/

Comment

alrighty! It's a date XD hahahahha but wow! that sounds pretty awful! How'd ya fix it and how many of this $$$ did you have to use?

Comment

sheet metal and body work son

you should rename your mgm cinnamon or something...just not the name of a drink.

cris-tal
            1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
            1994 MGM GS Montigua
            2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Welding time Sweet... restoring that car is probably going to age me 10 years, but that's okay but you don't like Charleston?! He's a prince as far as I'm concerned! XP hahha

Comment

Alright...heres what you can expect to find under a vinyl top IF the car has sat for a rather long time without love for 10 years. At least in the summer it got some sun.

Heres what it looked like when I brought it home.

Then a couple months ago while a regular washing, the degraded top started coming off in chunks... this is what was under it.

You know you have rust problems when....

Overview, I have the long speaker cover thing. (cant remember what its called atm)

Just a little bit of rust through...

Heres the actual roof, yes I was standing on the trunk...

Every one of those brown spots are holes, or soon-to-be holes.

Because of that rear section rusting out. The trunk has rusted out as well. Most of what you see there is carpet.

This one you can see the brand new gas tank. XD

It will truly be a labor of love to get her back to tip top shape again. But thats why Im building a shop.

I still drive her, heck I drove her to work to today.

I didnt take pics of the rusty floorboards and several other issues. Any more pictures, just ask and Ill see what I can do.

Comment

See, I thought I had seen your car.. Wowza.. and you're fixing this? Can I see pictures of the frame and such? That's my main concearn, is what the frame could possibly look like. I'm sorry to trouble you. But thanks for the pictures!

Comment

As much as I'd still lean away from the Green Bastard, Jon's top looks like it was pretty badly deteriorated when it finally came apart. It was probably providing almost no waterproofing at all. The top on the Green Bastard (yes, that's it's new name) seems to only have a few cracks in it, so I'd be surprised if it was AS bad as Jon' LTD.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Well I'd like to work on the Continental with someone, John But atleast your telling me it has hope after all! When I bring it to ScottFest, I'll park next to all your "compact" panthers XD hehehehe but it still has the possibility to be bad, but not that bad.. riiiiiiiiight?

Comment

lol! "the green bastard, from parts unknown"

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Hahaha The guy that has it told me it was a doctors car from Charleston.. but I kinda am debating that... It has a mis-matched steering wheel.. but I kinda like brown the steering wheel it makes the interior seem more "modern" haha if that's possible, but you guys can call it the green bastard, but I'll let you know when I come up with a proper name hahahahah made from parts unknown, too funny!

Comment

God Damn, I feel like I need a tetanus shot after looking at those pics! GL with that LTD bro!

I'd take a rusted out MKIII if it was the only piece I could find. I'm that crazy about them.

Comment

Now you know how I feel about this green continental!!

Comment

Yeah the top was pretty much pure shit. The one on the green bastard seams fine. Worst case scenario, a few holes around the bottom. If I were you Id personally go and check it out real well. Ill get you shots of my frame rails tomorrow. They are actually in pretty good shape. Only frame issue is a rusted mount on the passenger side of the rear bumper. Ill add them to my thread "and so it begins"

IF you decide to go look at it.

Check the floor pans.
                                Check the weather stripping around the doors and windows. Mine are hard as a rock and brittle so rain was able to get in and rust out the floor in a couple spots.
                                Check around the top. I saw a 77 Lincoln here in town that was a beautiful color combo for $800. But just below where the vinyl starts on the sides, there was rust through all the way around it. The top was flawless though, no cracks. Also the tail light fin/housings, were rusted through on the sides.
                                Last edited by Jon; 02-18-2011, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X