No announcement yet.

1993 2.3 mustang lx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the positive feed back guys. I sold the honda last night so this baby should be coming along a little quicker.

Today I got some new wipers put on, adjusted the clutch the release was almost on the floor so I got it adjusted to a good spot, put on a new alternater belt. I was gonna change the oil but the drain plug is rounded off of course. So I will weld a big nut on the drain plug to get it out then head to ford and order a new one.

Found a set of stock wheels from a littler older fox on craigslist with good tires for $125, I sent him a message to see if he would take $100 he said yes. So I got my buddy loaded up with me and we took a little road trip tonight and picked up the wheels and tires. Well we get there and these things are in mint condition, the guy said the caar they came off of only had 42,000 og miles. The trim rings are perfect as are the rest of the wheels, they are ugly but I like them enough for $100 lol.

wheels

I was gonna get a set of 10 holes, but Ive decided I am gonna go 5 lug as soon as I can afford it, the 10 holes where $100 more than these so I picked these up and saved some cash since these are only temorary. Once I go 5 lug I plan on running
    16'' svo wheels, some people think they are ugly but I really like them. I think they will look really nice with a polished face and black windows combined with a super low stance.

I found a door at the local mustang graveyard for $100 going to pick that up friday prolly. Now I just need my buddy to price me the parts from his and I can get the rest of the body straightened out.

here is a set of svo wheels for those that dont know what they look like
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=280611163105

Here is a ranger on polished ones with black windows so you can see that

Also when I so low I mean fucking low lol. I wish I had pics of my old 2.3 mustang it had the perfect stance IMO I did it ghetto just cut 2.5 coils out, and rolled on em lol. It was about 4-4.5 inches lower than stock. This one will be lowered about the same except with some tricks to help out on shock travel and suspension travel. The old one blew the shocks quick and hit the bump stops ALOT.

The new setup will be homemade extended top mounts for all the shocks, as tall as I can go on the front up to 2'' without hitting the hood, and the back will be extended 2''. 2'' drop spindles on the front to give me more travel before the bump stops, a little notch over the axle in the back to give it and extra inch or two of travel before contact, and a set of springs from a 5.0convertible for the higher spring rate and cut them till I reach my desired height. I know its not really functional or good handleing at that height but I dont care lol.

lastly can someone confirm that the t5 tranny is a world class, So I know wether to put gear oil or atf in it.

Sorry my posts are so long lol. But I gotta keep you all filled in right?

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

Comment

svo wheels FTMFW!

and how did you adjust the clutch without an aftermarket quadrant/fw adjuster?
      Last edited by rick99601; 02-24-2011, 01:44 AM.
      1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
      1994 MGM GS Montigua
      2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

haha thats a secret lol.

On 2.3 mustangs the the clutch fork goes the opposite way of the v8 car. The v8 cars pull the fork toward the front of the car, while the 4 cylinders pull the for toward the rear of the car useing a little bellcrank set up I guess you would call it. anyway the top half has a peice that connects the upper part of the bell crank to the clutch fork. I replaced that peice with a bolt that I modified a little bit. Now you just take the slack out by tightening the bolt and add slack by loosening it. Then just play with it a few time to get it where it needs to be. I will take a pic tomorrow it kinda hard to explain lol. Had the same setup on my old 2.3 mustang.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
        Big plans

Comment

here you go haha this is exactly what I did.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...l-mustang.html

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
          Big plans

Comment

Got the new wheels and tires on today. Snapped a quick pic in the rain after I backed it out.

I must say it drives 100% better on these than the old dry rotted worn out tires.

I also think my tensioner may be taking a poop on me. There is like a knocking noise when its cold then that goes away after about a minute once it warms up I guess then it starts squealing. It also tossed the belt off tonight when I reved it up high. It looks like the idler pully on the tensioner is on a angle like the bearings are worn. Does this sound like what I think it is? I didnt have much time to investigate yet as it was dark and pouring the rain.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
            Big plans

Comment

sounds like you're right... but all you need to do is replace the pulley on the tensioner... not the whole tensioner.

you can verify the busted bearings theory by taking the belt off and rolling the pulley. If it feels like it's got gravel for bearings or it wobbles at all, then that's the problem for sure.

the initial knocking/ticking is probably lifter/valve chatter that goes away after the oil moving around.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks, I had more time to investigate yesterday it is the tensioner. I am going to order one today. The knocking was/is coming from the dried up power steering pump. The rack leaks out as soon as it's filled and I have to leave the pump there for an idler pulley. So untill I get my new rack on I guess I willjust have to deal with the knocking. Btw I do have a new power steering pump to go on. I am not using the one that's been run dry for who knows how long.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
                  Thanks, I had more time to investigate yesterday it is the tensioner. I am going to order one today. The knocking was/is coming from the dried up power steering pump. The rack leaks out as soon as it's filled and I have to leave the pump there for an idler pulley. So untill I get my new rack on I guess I willjust have to deal with the knocking. Btw I do have a new power steering pump to go on. I am not using the one that's been run dry for who knows how long.
                  just needs a bigger steering wheel...

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                  2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

It's not hard to steer lol. Just when I play around and do a little drifting it's kinda hard to correct fast enough sometimes. So I am gonna put a quick ratio rack out of a gt in it.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                    Big plans

Comment

It's not hard to steer lol. Just when I play around and do a little drifting it's kinda hard to correct fast enough sometimes. So I am gonna put a quick ratio rack out of a gt in it.
                      or SVO

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Messed around the other day while I was bored and my buddy was working on his truck. I replaced the intake silencer with a peice of 3'' pipe. The inner diameter of the silencer was probably only 1.5'', this didnt really do much in the way of horsepower but I suppose it is one less restriction in the grand scheme of things. Anywho picsores

Original with silencer in place

Inside shot of silencer

Cutting the 3'' pipe to length on the bandsaw

Finished product

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                        Big plans

Comment

Nice saw, dude.

I'd really have to wash that engine bay down, though!
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Not my saw, I wish lol. It's my buddies dads that has the mill and lathe. I am still collecting tools unfortunatly lol. One day, one day.

I know I really need to clean the engine bay, the whole car in fact. The weather just hasn't been nice enough yet. Believe me it's driving me crazy lol, the first few nice days it will get cleaned up and the rest of the interior put back in.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                            Big plans

Comment

Got the new wheels and tires on today. Snapped a quick pic in the rain after I backed it out.

I must say it drives 100% better on these than the old dry rotted worn out tires.

Hey, I have that same rims on my old '88 Mustang LX:

1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                              1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                              1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

but remember guys, mustangs suck. pfffft

Last edited by rick99601; 03-06-2011, 05:35 PM.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                                2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X