1993 2.3 mustang lx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the shifter mang!

I was thinking about building a more "shapely" unit for my truck.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

+1 on that shifter, i have driven stangs before what a pain!
      2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
      2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
      1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

xwhatever on the shifter being off the heezy!
        1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
        1994 MGM GS Montigua
        2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

P72ford your gonna be happy lol. I finally washed my engine bay. It still needs alot of attention, but its much better than it was. I am getting exhaust put on tomorrow, getting it tucked up nice and tight to the car so I can finally lower this thing. It will be
          2 1/4'' all the way out the back, but I am using a 2 1/2'' super turbo muffler from summit. Hoping the 2.5'' muff will flow a few more cfm and wont hurt power much. I dont have alot to spare lol. I also sprayed all my suspension bolts with PB blaster in prep for lowering it soon. So hopefully everything comes out easy. Oh yeah and I picked up a master hinge pin and bushing kit with new rollers and I got new strikers as well. Pics

dirty engine bay

All soaking in purple power

nice and clean

New muffler

Random side shot

I will get some pics of the new exhaust tomorrow

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
          Big plans

Comment

Big difference within the engine bay!

What will you be doing to lower the car?
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That belt tensioner is gonna shred your main drive belt soon, because it isn't fully on the belt. See the grove it is already wearing into the top of it? I've had that happen to me 2 times now on my 2.3T engine. Even the stock Dayco replacement Belt Tensioner piece had the same problem. Ended up having to install a Shim between the bracket and tensioner mounting point to make it line up correctly, and solve the issue. Works perfectly now, and I don't have to worry about the belt breaking on me at a bad time. Not sure why they couldn't make one that lined up correctly on it's own.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Big difference within the engine bay!

What will you be doing to lower the car?
                For now. Cutting the springs to desired height and making upper mounts extensions for the shocks and struts to keep them in their "good" area instead of bottomed out. Eventually coil overs all around, drop spindles in the front and a small tube notch I. The back to allow more clearance. Possibly upper and lower rear control arms with spherical ends if I have a binding issue. I want this thing to be extremly low but I want to still have a few inches of travel and shocks that are happy to keep it from bouncing. My old one was really low with just cut springs and nothing else. It rode bad only had maybe 0.5-0.75" before it hit the bump stops, the shocks where almost bottomed out so they didn't work correctly. I still drove it 20,000 miles like that but hey I was 19 lol. I want this one to be just as low and still maintain descent ride quality and some suspension travel.

On the belt. I know I have been meaning to put a spacer behind the tensioner but haven't yet. I plan on switching to a non power steering ranger alternator bracket anyway. It's manual tension and alot smaller and nicer looking instead of a giant cast aluminum bracket.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                Big plans

Comment

Cool! Dying to see the drop. Can you show how much you cut?
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Sure thing man. It will probably look goofy until I get wheels on it lol oh well. I am having trouble choosing a wheel. If I keep it 4 lug it will get thunderbird turbo coupe snowflakes, if I go 5 lug (more than likely) it's either stock svo wheels or the 94-95 gt premium wheels the tri bars, it's a double 3 spoke design. I am leaning the most toward the tri bars I have always had a crush on those wheels for some reason, and they look really good on a fox. Any opinions?

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                    Big plans

Comment

Tri bars looks good but so do 96 -98 gt wheels imo. if you go 5 lug either ones will look really really nice on foxes.

Tribars on a local guys fox:

http://newyorkmustangs.com/forums/at...8&d=1240200367

98 gt wheels on some other guys 4 eye:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/picture....pictureid=6033
                      ~David~

Comment

Wait.........did you just spray the entire engine down with Purple Power w/o covering the distributor or the coils? Let me know how that turns out because I might try that with the CV. I have always been afraid to use engine degreaser on an EFI vehicle.

Packman

Comment

Sure did. Soaked everything with purple power. Didn't cover anything up. Then pressure washed the whole thing. No proplems it stared right up and went not even 30 secs after I stopped spraying water.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                          Big plans

Comment

exhaust pictures. Tucked up nice and high, so I can go really low lol.

From the front

from the side

From the back

I will have to have the tailpipe redone when I get new wheels and tires. They put it close to the tire, so it will definetly hit the tire with any wider wheel. But other than that I am tickled with it.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                            Big plans

Comment

Where is the other pipe?

Looks good.
                              ~David~

Comment

Shit they must have forgot it. I thought it was missing something.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                                Big plans

Comment

Working...
                                X